Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I want a region free DVD player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rokricky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: I want a region free DVD player. Reply with quote

I need a region free DVD player so I can watch season 5 of 24. Anyone want to sell? Or perhaps...lend/rent out...for a time?
rickhorton44

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Buy one of these Reply with quote

Here is a list of make/model numbers and the code to make them region free.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?dvdplayer=Philips+DVP+642&hits=50&listall=List+all+by+Name

If you go to Yongsan and ask them, they will know whick ones can be made region free and do it for you there.
rokricky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where exactly? I'm from a southern province. You say Yongsan, I think of Yongsan KTX station. Is that what you mean? And then where in Yongsan? Maybe after the 60,000 won plus whatever it costs to get it changed to region free, and the six hours I spend going there and back, I'd just be better off buying a new one here.
I know all about the hacks, but my player is a combo player and I haven't been able to find a hack for it, anyway, all the prompts would be in Korean. My player is an LG -LC 63G. I can't find any info on it whatsoever.
rickhorton44

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

I meant Yongsan Electronics market. There's a big write up about it in the FAQ section. It's right by Yongsan KTX station. My guesses are that if you bought one from a shop where you live, they should also know if it can be made region free. It is a very common question they recieve I'm sure, and they should know which models can be hacked and which ones can't. Too bad you bought one that can't.
SuperHero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I buy a new DVD player soon, I"ll be giving my old one away since there is no remote control. If you can hold out for another month or so let me know.
rokricky

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a region free player? And I'll probably be in Korea for some time, so ya... I can wait for sure. That would be awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: