Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

winter clothes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: winter clothes Reply with quote

i know winters still a long way away, and i've only bee n here a few weeks. my question: how much would it cost to get some decent winter warm clothes? impossible to even imagine in this heat now, but i have absolutely nothing, i don't even know what i exactly need..i've never even experienced snow...so what i mean is i don;t want to be caught short when it starts getting cold without enough money...

thanks in advance.[/i]
mrroboto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to find a decent winter jacket before I go home august 30th... anyone know if they'll be on sale by that early date? I really don't feel like dropping 200 or 300 back home for something that's basically the same.
TJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: WINTER CLOTHING Reply with quote

Before you buy any winter clothing think about where you are living. My first two winters were in Donghae (Gangwon Do) where the winters were very cold. My next winter was in Iksan (Jeollabuk Do) and was quite mild in comparison. I should imagine that winter in Cheju Do would be almost tropical compared with Donghae.

You should also consider what you plan to do during the winter. My wife and I went hiking in the mountains and that's when it got really cold. We wore thermal underwear, two pairs of socks, padded ski jackets and ski gloves. However, if you're a city boy/girl and like your home comforts then you won't need all this gear.

One thing you will need, regardless of where you are in Korea, is a good jacket. If you plan to be here for a few years a cheap jacket will be a waste of money. Spend a little more and buy a really good jacket. Sorry I can't recommend a brand.

Happy shopping - enjoy your stay here.
Harpeau

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does snow on Cheju-do in the winter. Be ready.
Harpeau
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, thanks for the replies. loving it in korea so far, i'm in incheon. a little warmer here? i have no idea. i can go out and take a look at prices, but it'd be cool if anyone can throw a few figures around for me?
thanks.
mrroboto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so nobody knows any exact source to buy from?
Stunted Wookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: where to buy Reply with quote

You could try those tv shopping channels selling everything.
Really.
Just a thought as you might be able to get decent sizes and get a better selection. Plus as its in Korean targeted to Koreans you might not get gouged like at the foreign markets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: