Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canadian 3-year B.A.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maciej

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Canadian 3-year B.A. Reply with quote

I was wondering if the 3 year B.A. from a Canadian University is fine to get the E-2 Visa. I've heard it shouldn't be a problem but just want to make sure. Any Canucks over there with 3 year's???

Thanks
captain kirk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes sir. but it's an english lit major. that throws them off i think, as well as it being in latin. so i can't read it myself, but it looks good to immigration. lots of calligraphy with a big red waxy stamp. darn tootin'.
JackSarang

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about it. Some people have had problems with a 3 year BA but you really shouldn't mention it. Your degree should simply say "Bachelor of Arts" or something and they have no way of telling unless they examine your transcripts carefully, which they don't.

If yours is just a general degree and they ask what your major is, just say its in whatever college you studied in.. such as "Social Science" or "Humanities" etc.

Also, the addition of a TEFL/TESOL certificate usually solves any 3 year BA issues. If you don't have one, you can study online for one... or.. simply photoshop one. There is zero accreditation in the TESOL business and one certifcate has the same value as any other.
captain kirk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, original poster, i'm from saskatoon as well. and i remember counting the rabbits on the pilsner label.
Maciej

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH........that's gold!!!. I actually hate Pil, but it's a great source of entertainment, there's a whole pilsner culture here in sask. Me and my friends have a great time with it, you ever seen the movie FUBAR?
mrroboto

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I left Regina for Ottawa, the best thing was discovering Honey Brown after several punishing years of Pilsner "beer".
Moldy Rutabaga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:52 am    Post subject: BAs Reply with quote

When I came to Korea, I sent on my 3-year BA for the forms, and kept my MA papers on hand in case something went wrong. Unless your degree specifically outlines that you have a 3-yearer, I can't see a problem. The person inspecting it might not even read English.

I'm kind of curious what Canadian universities still offer 3-year degrees. I upgraded mine from Concordia (Edmonton) after it became impossible to transfer into other programs with it.

Ken:>
JackSarang

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of Canadian Universities still offer 3-year degrees, except they are degrees without a Major (may be some exceptions). All the four-year degrees are typically referred to has Honour's degrees with a Major attached.

So its basically Bachelor of Arts, General etc. for 3-year degrees. You can also always upgrade your 3-year at some point, just need 10 more credits.
The Den

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey what is wrong with Pil, It beats Hite or Cass.
Maciej

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The University of Saskatchewan offers a 3-year B.A. with a major, it differs from the 4 year by not having a 'minor' and of course being 3/4 the course load.

P.S. I've had Cass Fresh here and I can honestly say it is approximately 1032142 times better than PIL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: