Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

English English teachers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg1973

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:05 am    Post subject: So whats your advice? Reply with quote

OK. I beleive you. Its 10 times harder if your an English English speaker, even if you have got a nice, smart photo to send the recruiters. I must have sent out 50-60 of them with minimal results, a few out of the way jobs in places I had specified not to teach, a contract with a clause which said I have to pay them 300,000 Won a month for 5 months (!), and not much else.

Any ideas?!

Are there any English English Teacher Reqruiters/Hogwans which would welcome my accent?

Greg
waggo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you still in England?
Just come here...you will get a job straight away.In fact you will be able to look at the school ,meet the boss ,see your apartment and maybe even talk to any existing or outgoing teachers about their views of the school.
You can cut down the chances of landing a nightmare job by being here.
If your not getting any replies its got nothing to do with you being English...it has to be something else.
kiwiboy_nz_99

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is tragic, but, I'm kiwi and I have even faked a north american accent to get a job. I shouldn't have to, but damned if I'm getting shut out of the action cause Koreans are idiotic over this issue. In class I reverted back to my own accent, and of course, students had no problem.
Squaffy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try HuntESL Greg if you want to go through a recruiter - good company based in the UK.

http://www.huntesl.com/

Waggo is right though - best bet is to turn up and go visit someone like Pagoda in person - it's the more expensive way to do it, but the wage will be higher and cover the initial outlay once you've worked for a while.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: