Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bad hairdos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camel96

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:39 am    Post subject: Bad hairdos Reply with quote

Having just seen what Billy Ray Cyrus would have looked like if he was a 4 year old Asian girl it got me thinking - Korean mothers give their kids some of the suckiest hair styles in the world. "OK it's your choice Kim Myun Hoo - you can either have it dyed purple or get a rat's tail" You know what I mean ? Erk there's so many. The dyed streak, the blonde bimbos. So what's the worst you've seen?
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I particularly dislike the fake clip-on curls that aren't even the same color as the rest of the girl's hair. They just look...yeah, stupid. I guess the mothers think it's cute, though. Rolling Eyes

I've also seen a fair number of mullets on 4 and 5 year old boys.

Last edited by Corporal on Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
katydid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend who told me all the kids with that kind of hairstyle (the bleached rat tails) are the troublemakers. Smile
waterbaby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really distresses me to see 3 year olds (boys & girls Shocked ) with perms AND colour... I wonder if they will have any hair left when they're 18...

I recently went through the *magic straight* hair process against my hairdresser (and Korean co-workers mother's) wishes... yet I wonder what my hair would be like if I routinely subjected it to bleaching and other perming solutions since I could walk...

mullets are cruel on an emotional level Very Happy .. but it's those hideously unnatural red haired, curly do's that I can't forgive...
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAPAN: Land of bad haircuts.

If you haven't been there, you don't see how bad it can really get!
Tancred

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rike wrote:
A couple of my favorite kids have a hairdo that I hate. They are boys. Their hair is short and black, but they have a LONG yellow rattail hanging down the side of their faces. One is already past his chin. Sometimes I chase him around threatening to cut it off. Smile

haha...i have a kid that has the same thing...and i also chase him around with scissors.
princess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I teach one of the rattail kids. he has blonde hair with a red rattail going down the side of his face. Cute as a button, mean as a snake!!!
camel96

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a TV documentary the other night on KBS I think about the Kwangju massacre. Anyhow it was funny to see all of the Koreans with afros. I dread the day that mothers decide that's a cute look for their little "darlings"
ratslash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the strangest i have seen was a woman carrying the baby and the baby had a skinhead, a full on number one all over. me, being puzzled, asked my girlfriend why the baby had a shaved head. she replied that parents do this in korea so their children have thicker, more lucious hair when they are older. surprised me anyway!
HardyandTiny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't color children's hair! Send them out to play and let them run around and get poison ivy him and almost drown. Let em get dirty and build things, make secret clubhouses, and figure out how to make an old broken down bike work again. Give them tools and let them make things, break things, cut themselves,etc..And then make sure they have good manners.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: