Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can I go?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiddirts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: Where can I go? Reply with quote

To find a woman is more interested in the way we look and half to say than how much money we will spend on them in a given night?
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

church perhaps?

dunno man, hasn't this been done to death though?
kiwiboy_nz_99

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To find a woman is more interested in the way we look and half to say than how much money we will spend on them in a given night?

I wanna help you man, but your sentense is so appalling I can barely work out what you're saying. I got it in the end, you're lucky I'm a linguistic genius.

Last edited by kiwiboy_nz_99 on Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
peppermint

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so you're sick of gold diggers, but shallow girls are okay? hmm, well after that sentence you shouldn't have any problem with girls wanting English lessons. . .Confused

good luck man.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Where can I go? Reply with quote

Kiddirts wrote:

mental hospital
Seoultrader

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's your lucky day, liverlips!

http://womeninprison.com

Now don't write them all at once, ya hear? After all, you want real love.

If that doesn't work out, Zyzyfer's suggestion is always fun...
captain kirk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a guy i know is living with his girfriend; it's her house. a year now. she has fits of 'jealousy and control'. he leaves the house after one of her fits. an old korean man he meets says korean women are trained to think a man is useful for two things; money and sex. sex would include its natural purpose, child-rearing. part of confucianism is strict role expectations for the sexes. i don't think 'friendship between the sexes' is possible like in the west. friendships are same-sex friendships.
where can one go where how one looks and how much one spends on a woman isn't as important as what one has to say. female therapist? that's 60,000 won an hour so nahhh. start writing poetry, eventually you'll get better at it. give them to whoever it is. she'll see 'your mind' right there, what you have to say. and be so fogged up about meeting a real poet, a guy who can think and feel, there will be a soft mist about your appearance whenever she looks at you, complimenting your features. using your mind you can make poems and manipulate, counteracting korean cultural conditioning as it applies to females. how 'bout breaking the question of your post into a poem;
where can i go (to you)
where how i look
(at you)
isn't as important
(as you)
as what i have to say, to you
Kiddirts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha, that's hilarious...I was listening to music and someone was talking to me at the same time I was writing that...
canuckistan
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enough women have their financial lives together and don't feel they need to either. Women aren't often raised to be financially responsible for themselves, so of course many are going to resort to that time-honoured tradition of extracting as much cash out of you as possible. There are some very, very tricky and subtle cultural attitudes for women to navigate out there. Mens' attitudes towards what they consider "feminine" are part of the problem. We can all agree that making a living is hard enough for anyone, but more so for women due to the inequities of salaries in the work place. If you want to be a truly financially independent girl it's a lot harder and more costly for women than men in that they have less money left over from their paltry paychecks to pay for the same kind of independent life than a man does. Along the way on this struggle to have a career, apt, house, car etc a girl has to grow some mighty big cojones to deal with trying to do this in a man's world......and once we learn to become more assertive in getting what we want, isn't it funny how we start getting called things like loud, aggressive and female dog-like since being assertive in still viewed by too many men as being unattractive and unfeminine in a woman. Being the quiet, obedient, but poor good little girl is still the way to go if you don't want to risk being viewed as "unfeminine". But it's going to cost YOU. So guys, you can't have it both ways.
Squid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Canuck, poor Korean girls always marry princes... don't you watch the TV dramas Question

Squid
Mr. Literal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Where can I go? Reply with quote

Zyzyfer wrote:
Kiddirts wrote:

mental hospital

Laughing
The Man known as The Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:03 am    Post subject: andie get your phd yet DUMBASS Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:
church perhaps?

dunno man, hasn't this been done to death though?

Yes, but he registered pretty recently

ps canuckistan, you forgot the horse-nag references in your articulate summary.

ps Andie you are the smrt. SMRT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: