Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lee Jun Ki declares Philippines to me moron-filled *beep*
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mithridates

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Lee Jun Ki declares Philippines to me moron-filled *beep* Reply with quote

Just in case you missed it:

http://theyangpa.wordpress.com/2006/10/04/lee-jun-ki-declares-philippines-to-be-moron-filled-shithole/
itaewonguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you think this true??
how come it hasnt been spread across philipine papers and the local korean papers???

and if he did say that!! then he is just a arrogant wannabe who made one film and did a commerical and now thinks he is a superstar and can treat people anyway he wants.. then he has some problems ahead..
a remake like that might actually hurt his career! if he talks that way about philipinos then imagine what he thinks of JAPANESE, chinese and indians, etc.. what an idiot.. he is a fast up and coming star and I think he might just ruin himself.. if he did say that stuff.. thats to bad..
I kinda like the Kingsclown.. but If he did say something like that.,. then I can never watch that movie again or anything he ever acts in..thats just me too bad...
I hope this is just BS and made up by some hater..
but if its real then I hope that FAG looking reject gets backlashed till his career is in the toilet!
mithridates

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itaewonguy wrote:
you think this true??
how come it hasnt been spread across philipine papers and the local korean papers???

and if he did say that!! then he is just a arrogant wannabe who made one film and did a commerical and now thinks he is a superstar and can treat people anyway he wants.. then he has some problems ahead..
a remake like that might actually hurt his career! if he talks that way about philipinos then imagine what he thinks of JAPANESE, chinese and indians, etc.. what an idiot.. he is a fast up and coming star and I think he might just ruin himself.. if he did say that stuff.. thats to bad..
I kinda like the Kingsclown.. but If he did say something like that.,. then I can never watch that movie again or anything he ever acts in..thats just me too bad...
but if its real then I hope that *beep* looking reject gets backlashed till his career is in the toilet!

Surprised

Are you from the Philippines?
Manner of Speaking

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's The Yangpa, stupid. It's a joke.
cdninkorea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itaewonguy wrote:
you think this true??

but if its real then I hope that *beep* looking reject gets backlashed till his career is in the toilet!

Yeah, I have to reiterate was Mith said: Surprised
And add Laughing
Manner of Speaking

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now THIS one's funny:

Police Chief Told to Stop Winking While Discussing Anti-Prostitution Law

In a formal statement by the city council, Seoul�s Police Chief Lee Wonsuk was told to stop doing exaggerated stage winks while discussing the Special Law on Prostitution in public settings. As police chief, Lee is responsible for enforcing the two year-old law which aims to eliminate prostitution. But the city council accused Lee of half-heartedly supporting the law and undermining it�s credibility.

Specifically, the council cited a press conference last month where Lee winked obviously after making the statement, �And that�s why we�re doing our best to stop prostitution.� The council accused Lee of performing several other inappropriate actions while he discussed his dedication to the law, including smirking, eye-rolling, doing a sarcastic thumbs-up, and repeatedly making the �jack off� gesture with his hand. Lee was also heard making the statement, �Sure, I�ll be investigating a few prostitutes tonight pesonally,� and then nudging the mayor in the ribs with his elbow and laughing loudly.

In addition, Lee was asked to stop referring to the Ministry of Gender Equality as the �Old Bitch Commitee�.

http://theyangpa.wordpress.com/2006/10/03/police-chief-told-to-stop-winking-while-discussing-anti-prostitution-law/
Qinella

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithridates wrote:
Surprised

Are you from the Philippines?

lol niiice. I was reading that story earlier today actually. It's hard to fathom how stupid some people can be, re the responses.
Troll_Bait

Location: [T]eaching experience doesn't matter much. -Lee Young-chan (pictured)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first comment was by Dear Editor Billy B.

The second comment said ...

marissa wrote:
I just pray none of our countrymen will see this entry and take is as factual ...

This was followed by a further ninety-three (93) comments.
peony

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im actually disappointed, the yangpa is normally such a funny site and billybrobby is an entertaining poster but i think its cruel to incite all that hatred from the filipino netizens

arent you worried that your story might make the rounds to the korean netizens, somehow get to lee junki's people and maybe get sued for libel?

another concern would be that as some dumbos actually believe your article to be true and something might happen to lee junki should he visit the phillipines?

i dunno... its not really that funny but rather crass to have deliberately made up such an ugly article
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peony wrote:
im actually disappointed, the yangpa is normally such a funny site and billybrobby is an entertaining poster but i think its cruel to incite all that hatred from the filipino netizens

arent you worried that your story might make the rounds to the korean netizens, somehow get to lee junki's people and maybe get sued for libel?

another concern would be that as some dumbos actually believe your article to be true and something might happen to lee junki should he visit the phillipines?

i dunno... its not really that funny but rather crass to have deliberately made up such an ugly article

The day satire dies is the day I don't wanna live no more, either.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I agree. It wasn't funny or creative. Just crass and tasteless.
Gaber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The artical is kind of funny, whats genuinely (darkly) funny is the follow up in the comments. How'd so many angry Filopeanoes find the Yangpa's dusty little corner of the web. Man, some of those comments are pretty bad, if I was in their position I'd think about taking that down. Real shtstorm blown up over there.
flotsam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billy likes his satire hard, and this is clearly not his best work--but that wasn't the point. For the dual purposes of going up the google ladder and taking the piss out of some of the more ridiculous comments he has received from that original LJG article, I think it's Grade A.
Gaber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhhhhhhh, Click.

Just went back to read the 'Spokes Model for Panty Liners' and saw all the fawning comments from Filopeano girls.... Man, thats pretty dark really... Funny, but dark. lol. Still, kind of cruel dude. Hahaha.
billybrobby

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peony wrote:

Well, here's the story behind that article. I wrote another article making fun of Lee Jun Ki, and thereafter I started getting all of these comments from people who were apparently pubescent girl fans who weren't getting the satire. The article quickly became the most viewed, searched for, and commented article on the site. And for months, I ignored it, but after a while I decided I ought to have fun with it. So I wrote the second article. Which alone is just cruel and stupid and not even really funny, but in the context of the situation is...well...not really clever, but I guess you can understand it more. I mean, it was trying to put a twist on the situation rather than just making blunt attack on the philippines, which I've never been to, have no opinion of, and can only occasionally spell correctly.

I figured it would only cause heartache and tears for 13-year-old Lee Jun Ki fans, the thought of which makes me laugh because I'm heartless. But instead it's been picked up by another bunch of people, presumably young filipino guys, who also don't understand the satire and are spitting mad about it. Really, I don't feel responsible for the feelings of people who can't understand obvious jokes. I mean, dumb people are always going to go through life suffering because of what they don't understand. And I doubt this little brouhaha will damage Lee Jun Ki's career, and also I doubt that I can be sued for what is clearly a joke.

Now, regarding Korean netizens, they've been watching the site via the antienglishspecturm naver cafe for a long time now and they seemed to understand the satire for the most part. And if they let this article go without comment, then I don't know what could make them angrier. I don't think a big netizen attack is impossible. But the site is text-based and requires a good knowledge of English to even understand on a basic level. It's just not going to produce a reaction like pictures of wet t-shirt contests. Even Occidentalism.org, which is truly vicious, hasn't entered the average angry netizen's conciousness.

But yeah, I don't really feel proud of the article in question. I'm disappointed that it's gotten more attention than what I think is better material. And I really don't like all the racist comments. I'm not sure what I should do with it. Pull it down? Clean up the comments? Let it die out? I hesitate to pull it because I've been aiming to make stuff that was funny and merciless and would not pander to anybody's prejudices and would not hold anybody's hand and pat them on the head and say, "oh it's just a joke." People have to think for themselves. For me to break the facade of seriousness and let everybody in on the joke wouldn't be right. I dunno. anyways, those are my thoughts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: