Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa runs to Beijing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlie_choppers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Visa runs to Beijing? Reply with quote

Japan is the place where most people get their work visas; however, I have friends in China so I'd like to get my visa at the Korean Embassy in Beijing. Has anyone managed to do this successfully? I phoned the embassy but they couldn't give me a strait answer ("If your embassy says we can, then we will look into it"??). The few people I know who travelled to Beijing to get their visas told me they got the run-around and ended up travelling to Japan anyway.

Any information or suggestions on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

CC
Infoseeker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed a tempory visa to work at a winter camp in Korea. I was in China and I got mine done in Beijing. I had no problem whatsoever.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infoseeker says it's possible...I say it's far more expensive. I think you have to get a VISA to even go to China to get a VISA...a little redundant?
charlie_choppers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different type of visa Zyayfer... but you're correct about the expense. As I mentioned, I'd like to go to Beijing to visit friends, and if I can get my work visa at the same time it will be cheaper in the long run than visiting my friends then having to travel to Japan to get the visa.

To anyone else out there reading this thread, I'd just like to comment that I think Infoseeker was one of the lucky ones who managed to get a work visa without a hitch (s/he was kind enough to give me further info offline -- thanks again!). I've spoken to many people since who've encountered nothing but hassles getting their visas in Beijing. Can anyone corroborate this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: