Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burning American Flag Is Okay?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops!

indiercj

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked myself would i ever be angry to see a vietnamese show his anti-Korean toughts and burn a Korean flag? Hell no! Though 4,500 Koreans died fighting for their freedom? and 15,000 injured during their war(sounds familiar?), Koreans-soldiers and businessmen-did a lot of bad things to them killing their own people, raping and abusing them. I believe he has all his rights to protest including burning Korean flags. I am a patriot myself. But I would never put my patriotism under the nose of someone who might have suffered from it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tembo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Not a country. Not a country's flag. Reply with quote

According to a newspaper yesterday the guy that burned the flag last week was released and fined for "disturbing the peace" or something. The police had to let him go after it came out that since S. Korea doesn't recognize NK as a country, he did not burn any country's flag.

If I remember correctly he tried to burn a flag in front of the Blue House to protest the prez's apology for the first burning and was stopped before he could light the second flag. Fined for jaywalking. He says he plans to head to the games to burn some more flags. Guy seems to believe in what he is doing and seems to be willing to pay the small fines. --Tembo
kiwiboy_nz_99

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The police had to let him go after it came out that since S. Korea doesn't recognize NK as a country, he did not burn any country's flag.

This is really quite hilarious, and so Korean. I think they're slowly growing out of the idea that if you haven't been introduced you're not human. Small steps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: