Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

North Korea demands US end 'hostile policy'
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Real Reality

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:50 am    Post subject: North Korea demands US end 'hostile policy' Reply with quote

North Korea has accused the United States of trying to undermine next week's crucial talks on the communist country's nuclear weapons program.

Pyongyang is hardening its rhetoric in the lead-up to the talks. In its latest salvo, a state-run newspaper warns that there will be no progress unless Washington changes its "hostile policy".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s929607.htm
duanemyhre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to NK statement�

BLA BLA BLLA BBLLAA! Get a life Losers!

Careful!! Keep pushing for a fight and you might get it! Pyongyang wont need electricity, It will glow in the dark.

Although, that would seriously suck for those of us here in SK!

Don�t get me wrong. I would hate to see NK people die for their tyrant. It is sad that people have pursue this kind of stupidity!
On the other hand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Careful!! Keep pushing for a fight and you might get it! Pyongyang wont need electricity, It will glow in the dark.

Don’t get me wrong. I would hate to see NK people die for their tyrant. It is sad that people have pursue this kind of stupidity!

EAT LEAD NORTH KOREAN TRASH!!

NUKE 'EM ALL TO KINGDOM COME!

PYONGYANG WILL GLOW IN THE DARK WITH THE FLAMES OF VENGEANCE!!

(oh by the way I would really hate to see esl teachers die and north koreans too)
duanemyhre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand wrote:
Quote:

Don’t get me wrong. I would hate to see NK people die for their tyrant. It is sad that people have pursue this kind of stupidity!

EAT LEAD NORTH KOREAN TRASH!!

NUKE 'EM ALL TO KINGDOM COME!

PYONGYANG WILL GLOW IN THE DARK WITH THE FLAMES OF VENGEANCE!!

(oh by the way I would really hate to see esl teachers die and north koreans too)

Im really starting to like you! Someone with a simular sense of humor.

Remember� It will not be funny after it happens!

Very sad! Very very sad!! Rolling Eyes Shocked Surprised Very Happy Laughing
Squid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the three-ringed circus is in town.

Squid
Squid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the three-ringed circus is in town.

Go home, the three of you.

Squid.
jaderedux

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find interesting.....

American signed the Armistice Agreement.

South Korea did not....they were quite happy to continue the war....

hmmm? Who is hostile?

Jade
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
On the other hand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What I find interesting.....

American signed the Armistice Agreement.

South Korea did not....they were quite happy to continue the war....

hmmm? Who is hostile?

Jade

Yeah. AND, in the 1970s, Carter was quite adamant about pulling U.S. troops out of South Korea. His entire foreign policy staff, all the way up to Brzesinki, was opposed, but the interesting thing is that the most strenuous opposition came from Park Chung-hee, the Korean President. Now, of course, the nationalist line is that it is the American troops who are creating the conflict here by threatening the North.
gomurr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the side of the warmongers. It's time to slap North Korea down once and for all. How long has this sh*t been going on for (50 years). if it wasn't for China and to a lesser extent russia, I think the US would have done something by now. Heavens know that North Korea has provoked the US, Japan and SK enough.

All good soldiers want to fight
Bomb North Korea now
And it will be all done tonight
(Forgotten rebels)
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the previous posters about war.. I like the idea that its potentially possible although extremely unlikely.. I like the idea that Kim Jung Il's reign of power has the real potential of just ending at anytime..

Strangely right now there is a window of opportunity for real change probably regrettably by force. If Bush stays in another 4 years I think he'll make it a point to end the hostility of North Korea with whatever means necessary. If a Democratic candidate gets in, while the world would be happier and war-free, the war drums will probably beat harder within North Korea once again.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for war breaking out on in the month of November. Wink
indiercj

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I oppose to any forms of military aggression towards the North. Because my parents have uncles and cousins in the north and fear of their safety. Though they might be politically oppressed they think it would be better that they stay alive rather than bombed. I suppose a lot of South Koreans are in similar situation and would share my thought. And That's exaclty why Roh that you guys hate so much got elected.

All your posts out there is really making me scary and sad as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rapier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price of peace is to keep propping up Kim Jong Il's tyrannical regime, thus ensuring the continued oppression and backward slide of that poor country and people.
South koreans largely respect kim Jong Il because he is successfully doing what Roh is not: sticking two fingers up at Washington. Unfortunately South koreans are hapless putty in the hands of a stronger, cleverer and manipulative neighbor.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now, I liked Roh and would have voted for him if I were Korean and could have voted. I just find him to be really weak now and doing whatever he can to appease the North. It's as if he's afraid that the North might actually go over the edge and do something deadly. He needs to realize the North is a paper tiger, not a real one. Yeah, it might have nukes, but it would only be commiting suicide if it used them.

And as I said on another thread, the whole newspaper thing is disgraceful as well. He didn't do so well with the first labor crisis he had to deal with and basically gave in to labor. On the other hand, I think he learned his lesson and has done much better in that area since then.
bignate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.B. wrote:
He needs to realize the North is a paper tiger, not a real one. Yeah, it might have nukes, but it would only be commiting suicide if it used them.

I don't think he wants to use them, he just wants people to know that he has them. It is the only strategy that has worked against Bush's recent foriegn policy. Bush attacked Afghanistan because everyone knew they had no WMD, and he attacked Iraq, because he knew they didn't have such capabilities, now, the only tactic that has worked is to have nukes and threaten to use them. It is a dangerous precident that has been set, that shows the only way that a country with ideological differences can oppose the US is through nuclear proliferation.

I don't know if North Korea is a "Paper Tiger". Even if Pyongyang is destroyed in a first strike, and he still does not use Nukes, Kim still has enough conventional weapons to lay out Seoul good and proper. That is what really worries me, since I still have family there.

With the US pulling troops out of harms way, re-positioning them well to the south, deploying large numbers of B1, B2, and B52 bombers to Guam, and the recent decision to keep the complement of F-117 Nighthawks at Osan and Kunsan, the situation is getting tense.

And the Americans, rather than the defense of Seoul will be interested in one goal:

Yongbyong Nuclear Facility
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: