Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Always ESL?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohahakehte

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Always ESL? Reply with quote

Im going to be applying to a company (or more specifically - a hiring agency that sends potential teachers onto the schools) called Always ESL. They're currently hiring for a number of positions in South Korea.

Does anyone know the deal on them? Are they good? Reliable? Honest? Their working conditions look good to me (from the perspective of someone who has never done this before but who has researched what a decent salary is and whatnot) and they claim that the classes the teachers will be with are children.

And whats the deal with applications that require a photo of yourself? What is the purpose of that?
chronicpride

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a list of about 75 recruiters and counting that I conducted research to analyze and monitor strengths and weaknesses for developing my own agency. I didn't catch these guys before. I think they're relatively new. At least for having an online presence, anyway. They may have been doing off-line recruiting for a bit. Their site looks to have their earliest job post being for July. Sorry I can't be of more help.

The purpose of pictures, is so they can see what you look like. Plain and simple. Korean directors won't interview, much less hire without seeing your photo. This is a country and industry that places a lot of merit on one's appearance and age. Some call it materialistic and discriminatory. Some just call it Korea.

Personally, if I was offering salary, accomodation, and airfare to just a voice on the phone from the other side of the world, damned straight I'm going to want all the information, including photo, on the prospective candidate before I make hiring decisions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: