Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Luggage on Korean railroad (korail)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxxx_power

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Luggage on Korean railroad (korail) Reply with quote

I'm finally free from my shit job and will be heading to Busan on Sunday the 7th.

I've got 2 large duffels and a big backpack (all my worldy possessions) I need to take with me and was wondering if I can bring all that stuff on the train.

The back of the ticket says something about putting your luggage under the seat in front of you and the website was of no help either. This may be a stupid question but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Can I bring that much luggage with me on the train?

Thanks y'all, you've never let me down in the past.
rudyflyer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are on a samaeul train there is a place to put your stuff above your seats. one time we put like 6 suitcases up there with no problems think it just depends on how crowded the train is.

best bet may to take a bus because you can easily put that stuff below in the luggage compartment.
waterbaby

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try and reserve a seat at the back of the carriage as there is a bit of space behind the last seats and you just might be able to to store all your stuff there... it's not a big space, but I really don't think you'd be able to put your stuff in the overhead racks... and you don't have to worry about someone knocking your stuff off as you might if you're sitting up the other end of your carriage.

BTW - congrats on getting away from your *beep* hakwon!!! Hope Busan works out much better for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: