Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Korean Court Case
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fermentation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I learned from this thread: people don't read before posting.
highstreet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just stand outside his restaurant while a friend records you from a distance, maybe he'll lay hands on you and you can counter-sue. or at least get a free meal.
byrddogs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermentation wrote:

Yeah, same here.
byrddogs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thing reminds me of something I was involved in there. I've posted about it before, so I won't go into detail about it, but this restaurant owner's actions are one in the same that happened with me. Dude wanted easy money (didn't get it in my case) and continued being aggressive anytime I saw him afterwards in hopes of getting a payout. Korea Sparkling for sure.
Moondoggy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NQ wrote:
Yo sorry to hear about the crap you two guys are in. That's a load of BS.

Either try to blow this story up (because we all know Koreans like to save face) or just *beep* it and get out of here.

Honestly, screw this place.

Very well put!
Just pack your belongings and go back home idiots. It's that simple.
Or move to some heavenly place like Switzerland and see how you're gonna get treated by the swiss people. Bunch of DBs.
Konglishman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moondoggy wrote:
NQ wrote:

Either try to blow this story up (because we all know Koreans like to save face) or just *beep* it and get out of here.

Very well put!
Or move to some heavenly place like Switzerland and see how you're gonna get treated by the swiss people. Bunch of DBs.

Moondoggy, you don't even live in Korea. What you don't get, is that these guys made Korea their home. Is your first inclination to leave your home when faced with difficulties? Anyways, shut up with your unhelpful sarcasm. It is not appreciated by anyone.
Scorpion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moondoggy wrote:

Very well put!

Unfortunately, this attitude is all too common in Korea. And it's one of the reasons why the OP is unlikely to get a fair trial here. Moondoggy isn't exactly overwhelming us with his sympathy for their dilemma. Just the same old knee jerk nationalistic response to any criticism of Korea. It's this cultural phenomenom that stacks the cards against any foreigner who comes into conflict with a Korean.

Foreigner is guilty until proven guilty.Confused
Konglishman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorpion wrote:
Moondoggy wrote:

Very well put!

This kind of post speaks volumes about Korea (and many Koreans). And it's one of the reasons that the OP isn't likely to get a fair trial.

Indeed, it does. Moondoggy is a gyopo with a romantic notion of Korea, who refuses to accept any criticism of Korea.
byrddogs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moondoggy needs to move out of Mommy and Daddy's house. Maybe he/she/it will grow up a little bit (doubtful, but there is hope for even the pathetic).
hiamnotcool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konglishman wrote:
Moondoggy wrote:
NQ wrote:

Very well put!

Moondoggy, you don't even live in Korea. What you don't get, is that these guys made Korea their home. Is your first inclination to leave your home when faced with difficulties? Anyways, shut up with your unhelpful sarcasm. It is not appreciated by anyone.

I appreciate it because some people like to pretend that attitudes such as his don't exist in Korea. Anyone that has never visited Korea need only read a post by someone like Moondoggy. It give will give them a quick preview of what goes down sometimes. Of course, he does not represent all Korean people. But reading his comments just backs up what the OP is complaining about. Let him speak, and let the readers judge.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermentation wrote:

What's more, I expect this thread will eventually enter the graveyard of page 2 before too long, get resurrected in like three months, and then a new wave of people will read the first and last post and needlessly slam metalhead for peeing while walking down the street.

Benjamino wrote:
Probable result - 30 days notice and visa termination. I'll never work in Korea again as I now have a criminal record

Sucks.

But I thought having something on your Korean criminal record doesn't matter? You might want to try to learn more about that before throwing in the towel completely on Korea. Or just say bugger it regardless and join byrddogs over in China Wink
byrddogs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyzyfer wrote:
fermentation wrote:

What's more, I expect this thread will eventually enter the graveyard of page 2 before too long, get resurrected in like three months, and then a new wave of people will read the first and last post and needlessly slam metalhead for peeing while walking down the street.

Benjamino wrote:
Probable result - 30 days notice and visa termination. I'll never work in Korea again as I now have a criminal record

Sucks.

But I thought having something on your Korean criminal record doesn't matter? You might want to try to learn more about that before throwing in the towel completely on Korea. Or just say bugger it regardless and join byrddogs over in China Wink

maybe it doesn't matter to have a Korean criminal record with immi, but it probably does to the MOE

the op should come on over here; life is good in these parts Wink
TexasChicken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Look at the positive side. Reply with quote

Hey if you have lost everything. Look at the positive side your now free to get some vigilante justice. Molotov cocktail or brick through his restaurant window or hell go key his car.... Be creative then happily board a flight back home knowing that he punked you but you got him back and theres nothing he can do about it.

The voice of reason.

T.C.
fezmond

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Look at the positive side. Reply with quote

TexasChicken wrote:
Hey if you have lost everything. Look at the positive side your now free to get some vigilante justice. Molotov cocktail or brick through his restaurant window or hell go key his car.... Be creative then happily board a flight back home knowing that he punked you but you got him back and theres nothing he can do about it.

The voice of reason.

T.C.

brick first then cocktail
some waygug-in

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look on the bright side; you learned the truth about Korea in your first year

and can now concentrate on bigger and much better things.

Life is too short for such nonsense.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: