Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Zionist lies....."
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sundubuman

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: "Zionist lies....." Reply with quote

stole the title for this thread from a fellow forumer....omitted the word scum

my previous thread about the forgotten Rachels who are currently not being mourned by London's glitteratti drew the usual responses from the usual suspects which resulted in a bizarre avoidance of relevant discussion. Let's see if the same happens here.

Let's look at the facts. And of course, some of you will deny these facts, and some of you may even deny the dozens of Israeli buses blown to smithereens (as many young Arabs are beginning to deny about 9/11..ie...."the Jews concocted the whole thing")

Some of us, though, will stick to the truth....and that is what follows, at least for the period from 2000-2003

hypnotist wrote:
Joo,

I mention the death toll to make it clear that the current course of action hurts the Palestinians more than the Israelis - far more. As I've repeatedly said, the death of a single Israeli gets far more press coverage than the death of a single Palestinian. Suicide bombing (as well as being wrong, before anyone jumps down my throat) doesn't really help the Palestinian cause, since it gives Israel more or less carte blanche to go a-killing in the occupied territories.

okay maybe the truth will set us free.
if you see the following "BBC numbers"....you might feel sympathy for the "ancient palestinians"

however, dig deeper and.....

and deeper still

and you will start to be able to draw conclusions

and even more conclusions

and let's see what percent of victims are over 45....

and how many "palestinians" are being murdered by "palestinians"

Palestinian fatalities by category

Israelis killed by category

I know Yu Bum Seok....just more Zionist scum lies

as opposed to what you perceive to be Arab truths........?????
sundubuman

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and we often hear how the "zionists" (translation....Jews) torture the poor "occupied Palestinians"

Well....what about Israelis....what happens to them when they are in the "custody" of "Palestinians"

Yep, they deserve a state. Just what we need....a 23rd Arab state voting in the UN....a state where Hitler's Mein Kamph is among the best sellers....a state where young people are raised to believe that the height of glory is to kill Jews....and a few even get to witness the disembowlment of the enemy in their town squares....
On the other hand

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the whole Israeli-Palestinian conflict started in the year 2000, did it?
sundubuman

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, if you read the Bible, it began millenia ago...you know...when the Egyptians enslaved the Jews.......???

In terms of the ex-slave Jews and how Arabs feel about them......modern America has a parallel......
Take, for example....southern whites who tend to dislike "uppity blacks" But at least, youngsters from South Carolina and Georgia aren't conspiring to blow up blacks, as young Arabs are being exhorted to do to Jews.

Let's face the fact......

..Arabs/Muslims/Europeans are not too happy/ or comfortable about a minority they used to push around (enslave/slaughter/kill/oppress/control/dominate/rape) having bigger guns than they....but.....another fact....they'd better get used to it.....

If they get used to it....all will be well...

If not....who knows???

simple huh?
Yu_Bum_suk

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some stats you could try posting: how many Jews and how many Arabs were living in present-day greater Israel in 1950, 1900, 1850, 1800, 1750, and 1700, etc. If you believe the book of Joshua literally you're also just as supportive of genocide as any Nazi.
dogbert

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be a demographic problem: the Arabs greatly outnumber the Jews in the Middle East.

However, the U.S. has Jews to spare. Perhaps the U.S. could allow some to emigrate to Israel to help balance things out. I've read that Israel has something called the "right of return" allowing them to accept Jews as residents with a minimum of formalities. And I'm sure the U.S. government could be persuaded to grant them exit permits.

What's that? The U.S. doesn't _issue_ exit permits; anyone is free to leave to go live where they wish?
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yep, they deserve a state. Just what we need....a 23rd Arab state voting in the UN....

Isn't the problem here that you are lumping all the Arabs together, as if they are all the same? There are a variety of ethnicities involved. They all share the same religion, and partake of one culture--but that varies by nationality.

But my point is this: I grew up in this small town. It is my home. If someone with more guns moves in and takes it away, I will not just happily pack up and move to another part of the country. THIS is my home.
sundubuman

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya-ta,

If you are living anywhere in English speaking North America, Australia, or New Zealand, the land your little town sits on was taken away from its original owners by people with guns.

Jews have every right to live in the land of Israel. Much more so than the several hundred million Europeans who colonized the New World and Oceania.

So according to your logic, if 50,000 Americans are blown up by Hopi and Iroquois terrorists, and 5,000 Canadianas are slaughtered by Nunavut and Pottowattami terrorists, and 4,000 Aussies bite the dust at the hands of angry young Aborigines and 1,000 Kiwis meet their end from homicide bombing Maori...... (that would be the equivalent of what Israel has suffered in the last 5 years)

you guys will be here apologizing for their actions just like you do for the Arabs??

Oh and try to imagine if your grandmother, mother, or sister was among one of the victims, because there are many in Israel who have suffered accordingly.
dogbert

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sundubuman wrote:
Oh and try to imagine if your grandmother, mother, or sister was among one of the victims, because there are many in Israel who have suffered accordingly.

Why should we?
Manner of Speaking

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sundubuman wrote:
Jews have every right to live in the land of Israel. Much more so than the several hundred million Europeans who colonized the New World and Oceania.

So far I have never seen anyone on this forum claim that Jews don't have the right to live in Israel...and I've been a member of it for over four years. What I HAVE heard, however, is the argument that it's illegal, illogical and self-defeating for Israelis -- of whatever religion -- to place illegal settlements in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Makes sense to me.

Neither of those territories are legally part of Israel; Israel acknowledges that itself. And in order to place those settlements, the settlers have had to steal and drive away the people who are the legitimate property holders.

The fact that Israeli settlers are stealing land from Palestinians, and placing settlements in areas with large numbers of Palestinians, is beside the point. It would be just as illegal, illogical and pointless for Israelis to be placing settlements in Somalia, Lebanon, Malta, or the Maldives. Or for a superpower like China to place illegal settlements in Israel.

It's just taking advantage of a weaker people to force them off their land.
Butterfly

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manner of Speaking wrote:
So far I have never seen anyone on this forum claim that Jews don't have the right to live in Israel...and I've been a member of it for over four years. What I HAVE heard, however, is the argument that it's illegal, illogical and self-defeating for Israelis -- of whatever religion -- to place illegal settlements in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Makes sense to me.

That's pretty much the long and the short of it, yeah. Makes sense to me too. I've not read anything more radical than '1967 borders' and nor have I read anything to suggest that suicide attacks on civilians by Palestinians are condoned by any poster here.
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a few on this board demand that Israel accept "right of return" which is what Arafat demanded.

Anyway many posters here demand is that Israel give up its war w/o the Israel's enemies giving up theirs. That seems very one sided to say the least.

I think both sides should give up their war.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with Joo on most things, but when it comes to this topic, I generally do side with him I have to say.
Manner of Speaking

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Joo, you're not being very clear. "Right of return" for who to where? And who specifically on this board have demanded it?
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right of return for Palestinians to go to Israel in lieu of compensation .

Several posters have callled for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: