Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Zionist lies....."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manner of Speaking

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee wrote:
Right of return for Palestinians to go to Israel in lieu of compensation .

Several posters have callled for it.

You mean, several posters have advocated giving Palestinians who fled or were expelled from Israel proper, the right to live/return to Israel and become Israeli citizens? Or the right to live/return to the West Bank or Gaza Strip and to live there? Where are these Palestinians now?

You said in lieu of compensation...compensation from Israel, for being expelled? I'm not trying to start an argument with you, just trying to understand better what you're referring to.
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right of return to Israeli proper.

I think there should be right of return to the Gaza strip and the West Bank, but not to Israel. plus compensation for land lost,

Arafat wanted "right of return" for Palestinians who have never been to Israel, that way he could vote Israel out of existance in a few years.

several posters on this board -though not on this thread have called for right of return to Israel for all Palestinian refugees.
Yu_Bum_suk

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does no Zionist apologist care to post stats on how many Jews and Arabs were living in present-day greater Israel in the 1900s, 1800s, 1700s, etc., and disabuse me of the belief that if Zionists wanted to 'reclaim' an 'historically Jewish place' Brooklyn or Washington Heights would be a far safer option?
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the whole mid east?
Summer Wine

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was book that answered these questions, but it would take too long to find and then you would have to compare that to the number of arabs in the region to see if it proves the answer.

So does no Zionist apologist care to post stats on how many Jews and Arabs were living in present-day greater Israel in the 1900s, 1800s, 1700s, etc., and disabuse me of the belief that if Zionists wanted to 'reclaim' an 'historically Jewish place' Brooklyn or Washington Heights would be a far safer option?

Arguments about the growth of Israel and growth of citizens have been made in the past by Israeli liberals. Very interesting reading. Its not a cut and dry answer, plus you have to take into account expulsion of jews from Arab countries if you want to be fair, because they were part in parcel with the creation of Israel. So if you want a sum numbers game, that may not support either side of an argument. It probably would have been used if it had.
sundubuman

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a fact though.....

if a Libyan, hearing of a job on a "Zionist construction site" migrated to "Palestine" in 1945.......and met a lovely lass from Syria, who had taken a job in booming Jewish Tel Aviv in 42..........and the two of them got married in 1946.....

and in 48....the two of them, hearing about and fearing war fled eastward towards Jordan along with hundreds of thousands of fellow Arabs.

and then a few years later the United Nations comes through checking on who might have been a refugee from the War...offering housing and food aid. Well, they of course, worried about their kids, sign up. Eventually all 9 of their children receive UN sponsored designation as "displaced Arabs"(later...Palestinians), eligible for benefits.

60 years later, their descendants number in the hundreds, and all of them, now registered as ancient displaced Palestinians (even though Grandpa came from Libya, and Grandma from Syria), are still eligible for global welfare checks as administered by the UN. And, unlike their grand (great?) grandparents...who moved to the future Israel seeking opportunity, they were raised with a burning hatred of Israel, celebrating those who blow up Jews on buses and at restaurants.
Butterfly

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sundubuman wrote:
...hearing about and fearing war...

That's a, erm, good way of putting it. Wink
Yu_Bum_suk

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sundubuman wrote:

if a Libyan, hearing of a job on a "Zionist construction site" migrated to "Palestine" in 1945.......and met a lovely lass from Syria, who had taken a job in booming Jewish Tel Aviv in 42..........and the two of them got married in 1946.....

and in 48....the two of them, hearing about and fearing war fled eastward towards Jordan along with hundreds of thousands of fellow Arabs.

and then a few years later the United Nations comes through checking on who might have been a refugee from the War...offering housing and food aid. Well, they of course, worried about their kids, sign up. Eventually all 9 of their children receive UN sponsored designation as "displaced Arabs"(later...Palestinians), eligible for benefits.

60 years later, their descendants number in the hundreds, and all of them, now registered as ancient displaced Palestinians (even though Grandpa came from Libya, and Grandma from Syria), are still eligible for global welfare checks as administered by the UN. And, unlike their grand (great?) grandparents...who moved to the future Israel seeking opportunity, they were raised with a burning hatred of Israel, celebrating those who blow up Jews on buses and at restaurants.

And a Russian athiest with a Jewish grandmother can go to the West Bank and move onto land that a Palestinian family had farmed for generations. It's a strange world, isn't it?
Yu_Bum_suk

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer Wine wrote:
There was book that answered these questions, but it would take too long to find and then you would have to compare that to the number of arabs in the region to see if it proves the answer.

Arguments about the growth of Israel and growth of citizens have been made in the past by Israeli liberals. Very interesting reading. Its not a cut and dry answer, plus you have to take into account expulsion of jews from Arab countries if you want to be fair, because they were part in parcel with the creation of Israel. So if you want a sum numbers game, that may not support either side of an argument. It probably would have been used if it had.

An honest recognition of the fact that it was a bad idea for both Arab regimes and European Zionists to do everything they could to displace Middle Eastern Jewry and ethnically cleanse Palestine to relocate them and many Europeans (and later even many Americans) would be a good start. As for land versus numbers, a division into two states based roughly on percentages of population - Israeli citizens versus non-citizens - living in present day greater Israel would be a good compromise.
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yu_Bum_suk wrote:
sundubuman wrote:

And a Russian athiest with a Jewish grandmother can go to the West Bank and move onto land that a Palestinian family had farmed for generations. It's a strange world, isn't it?

And don't forget those Ecuadorian Native Americans who were converted to Judaism and sent to the West Bank as settlers. Don't believe me? Google it.

Correction: It was Christian Peruvian Indians who were converted (but only if they were willing to move to Israel immediately).
http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=188243&contrassID=2&subContrassID=5&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y
Summer Wine

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a Russian athiest with a Jewish grandmother can go to the West Bank and move onto land that a Palestinian family had farmed for generations. It's a strange world, isn't it

I understand your point that you are making, so please don't say I don't. But Jews are looking for the lost tribes and its not for non jews to say they are wrong unless they prove it. I got caught in that one before.

But, anyway, if Isael won't take the expelled jews, then who will? Europe has already proved it won't support jews in the moment of crisis, only individuals will. Criticise that, oh, don't count the US, its in enough trouble for accepting jews and supporting them. 9/11.

(I have been drinking, so wait until I am sober and I will discuss this properly.
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer Wine wrote:
[b][u]...(I have been drinking, so wait until I am sober and I will discuss this properly....

Quite frankly, it's hard to tell the difference. Lost tribes? Are you out of your mind? Or just drunk?
Big_Bird

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R. S. Refugee wrote:
Summer Wine wrote:
[b][u]...(I have been drinking, so wait until I am sober and I will discuss this properly....

Quite frankly, it's hard to tell the difference. Lost tribes? Are you out of your mind? Or just drunk?

Perhaps he's talking about those tribes that got lost in Ecuador? Laughing
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Bird wrote:
R. S. Refugee wrote:
Summer Wine wrote:
...(I have been drinking, so wait until I am sober and I will discuss this properly....

Perhaps he's talking about those tribes that got lost in Ecuador? Laughing

You missed my correction. Those "Jews" were recently Peruvian Indians of the Christian persuasion until some Israelis looking to increase the "Jewish" character of the West Bank came along and converted them.

Hey that's what we can do if the ESL scene in Korea dries up. We can all convert and re-claim our ancestural homeland on the West Bank. Or Jordan. Better give God a call and find out where he/she/it said my apartment is located. Someplace warm, I'm almost certain. Very Happy Laughing Wink
Big_Bird

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R. S. Refugee wrote:

You missed my correction. Those "Jews" were recently Peruvian Indians of the Christian persuasion until some Israelis looking to increase the "Jewish" character of the West Bank came along and converted them.

Hey that's what we can do if the ESL scene in Korea dries up. We can all convert and re-claim our ancestural homeland on the West Bank. Or Jordan. Better give God a call and find out where he/she/it said my apartment is located. Someplace warm, I'm almost certain. Very Happy Laughing Wink

Thank you for that article, Refugee. It was very interesting, and rather hilarious in a way. I especially laughed at this bit:
Quote:
Ben-Haim says that after he finishes the Hebrew course, he may join the army, "because I wasn't in the army in Peru and that is something I lack, and also because I want to defend the country and if there is no choice, I will kill Arabs. But I am sure that Jews kill Arabs only for self-defense and justice, but Arabs do it because they like to kill."

He bases this belief on his scientific view of Judaism: "The Arab has the instinct of murder and killing like all gentiles, and only Jews do not have that instinct - that is a genetic fact."

But if you were not born a Jew genetically, don't you have that instinct?

Ben-Haim: "Maybe it was there, but it makes no difference, because now we are all Jews."

Perhaps a rabbi can convert me, if he can find me a nice place on the beachfront. That would have to be in Gaza then - I suppose. I'm sure my son and husband would both look quite cute in a skullcap, and they'd soon learn how to drive a bulldozer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: