Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sex shops in korea
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jdog2050



Joined: 17 Dec 2006

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Sex shops in korea Reply with quote

Hey all,

I'm writing an article on adult toy stores in Korea; I already know about the two in Itaewon...where are the others? I've heard tale of Hongdae and Daegu. Anymore?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ilsanman



Joined: 15 Aug 2003
Location: Bucheon, Korea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Sex shops in korea Reply with quote

They are everywhere. Seriously.

In Korean, the sign says 성인용품.



jdog2050 wrote:
Hey all,

I'm writing an article on adult toy stores in Korea; I already know about the two in Itaewon...where are the others? I've heard tale of Hongdae and Daegu. Anymore?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mix1



Joined: 08 May 2007

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I want THAT job!
Wink
Don't know exactly where, but heard there is one near Youngdeungpo station as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrsquirrel



Joined: 13 Dec 2006

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in Itaewon? The missus says I ain't doing my job properly and needs something to amuse her during the afternoons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
normalcyispasse



Joined: 27 Oct 2006
Location: Yeosu until the end of February WOOOOOOOO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, there's even one here in Yeosu.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RACETRAITOR



Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Location: Seoul, South Korea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard there's a district of sex toy stores outside Sookmyung Women's University Station.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Masta_Don



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Location: Hyehwa-dong, Seoul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsquirrel wrote:
Where in Itaewon? The missus says I ain't doing my job properly and needs something to amuse her during the afternoons.


One is across from the Itaewon Hotel, kind of, near the fire station. From Itaewon Station, stay on the right side of the road and keep going straight past the intersection where the fire station is. It's on the right, bout three storefronts down, on the second floor.

For the other one, go down the street across from the Hamilton Hotel, on the right side. You'll go past that crappy Mexican food place. About five stores past that it'll be on the right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chillin' Villain



Joined: 13 Mar 2003
Location: Goo Row

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like those Sex Toy Bongo Trucks parked along the road at night. I call the guy the 성인용품봉고 아저씨, which never fails to get a laugh from Mrs. Villain. Anyways, the trucks with the pink glow would be a must for your article, as they really signify and reflect the stigma AND the demand surrounding sex products here. I guess it's like that anywhere, though, hence the popularity of ordering the stuff online. Still, those trucks are pretty cool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jdog2050



Joined: 17 Dec 2006

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chillin' Villain wrote:
I like those Sex Toy Bongo Trucks parked along the road at night. I call the guy the 성인용품봉고 아저씨, which never fails to get a laugh from Mrs. Villain. Anyways, the trucks with the pink glow would be a must for your article, as they really signify and reflect the stigma AND the demand surrounding sex products here. I guess it's like that anywhere, though, hence the popularity of ordering the stuff online. Still, those trucks are pretty cool.


...that's...a new one for me. Sex toy bongo trucks? ...the hell are you talkin' about Willis?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pkang0202



Joined: 09 Mar 2007

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one on the side of the highway in Gimpo between Gochon and Sawoo Dong. Hop on any bus going to Gimpo Sawoo-dong and you'll pass it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jdog2050



Joined: 17 Dec 2006

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RACETRAITOR wrote:
I heard there's a district of sex toy stores outside Sookmyung Women's University Station.


Prime location for the sale of vibrators.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kermo



Joined: 01 Sep 2004
Location: Eating eggs, with a comb, out of a shoe.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masta_Don wrote:
mrsquirrel wrote:
Where in Itaewon? The missus says I ain't doing my job properly and needs something to amuse her during the afternoons.


One is across from the Itaewon Hotel, kind of, near the fire station. From Itaewon Station, stay on the right side of the road and keep going straight past the intersection where the fire station is. It's on the right, bout three storefronts down, on the second floor.

For the other one, go down the street across from the Hamilton Hotel, on the right side. You'll go past that crappy Mexican food place. About five stores past that it'll be on the right.


Directions to the one in Gangnam. I know you've got them, and I want them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Smee



Joined: 24 Dec 2004
Location: Jeollanam-do

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's even one in the town of 16,000 I lived in last year.

They're everywhere. When I take the bus from downtown Suncheon to my apartment I pass three or four. In the motels here there are usually advertisements for them in the elevators and/or in the rooms (last one I stayed at had an ad on the tissue box . . . I wonder if they deliver).

edit: I wanted to search for ones in my area on Naver, but typing in 성인용품 brings up the "19" screen.


Last edited by Smee on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mountainous



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggie, pls link us to the article when its done, thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jaganath69



Joined: 17 Jul 2003

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are at least two of in Cheongju that I know of, if anyone cares.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International