Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sex shops in korea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DPark14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ruthdes"]Went to the one in Gangnam this afternoon. It's really nice, and was staffed by women (today at least). Not seedy at all.

Just to rehash the instructions:

Gangnam Station, Exit 6.
Walk straight to the Body Shop.
Turn left and go to the first intersection (with 200 Brauhaus on the corner).
Turn left and look to your right and up straight away.
You'll see "Bururu" written on the 5th floor.

Happy shopping Very Happy[/quote]

Thanks alot. Just went there today. It's across the street from American Apparel if that helps.
kain243

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young FRANKenstein wrote:
there used to be one at the shinchon rotary. dunno if it's still there. it is/was located on the upper floor where "a twosome place" is located.

the one i know of in daejeon is just down the main street of the express bus terminal. if you are looking at its front doors, it's to the right and on the second floor (pink sign).

I was in Shinchon a couple weeks ago, staying at one of the hostels...and the shops still there. I noticed the funny neon lights when I looked up as I was coming out the of the Macdonalds across from the subway station ^_^.
jdog2050

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good...lord. This thread has 38,000 hits? Look upon my works, ye mighty, and tremble.
madoka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdog2050 wrote:
Good...lord. This thread has 38,000 hits? Look upon my works, ye mighty, and tremble.

Threads on learning Korean and/or Korean culture = 100 views

Threads on improving professional development = 150 views

Threads on teaching techniques / class management = 200 views

Threads complaining about Koreans/Korea = 30,000

Threads on dating Korean girls = 35,000 views

Threads on sex shops = 40,000 views

Threads on freakiest waygooks = 210,000 views
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smee wrote:
There's even one in the town of 16,000 I lived in last year.

They're everywhere. When I take the bus from downtown Suncheon to my apartment I pass three or four. In the motels here there are usually advertisements for them in the elevators and/or in the rooms (last one I stayed at had an ad on the tissue box . . . I wonder if they deliver).

edit: I wanted to search for ones in my area on Naver, but typing in 성인용품 brings up the "19" screen.

Type it in the English version of yahoo. Put your town name in Hanguel. Things may come up. Failing that, do the same search with a VPN.
sojusucks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a large one right down the street from Taco Bell in Itaewon.
It's on the right. You can't miss it. When you walk in loudly tell everyone you're a teacher and then ask for the Dave's ESL special.
jdog2050

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madoka wrote:
jdog2050 wrote:

...wow.
cuorev

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Sex shops in korea Reply with quote

Ilsanman wrote:
They are everywhere. Seriously.

In Korean, the sign says 성인용품.

jdog2050 wrote:
Hey all,

I'm writing an article on adult toy stores in Korea; I already know about the two in Itaewon...where are the others? I've heard tale of Hongdae and Daegu. Anymore?

yeah i pretty much see them everywhere too... i'll be sure to tell you the next time i spot one Surprised
Suwon23

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPark14 wrote:
Ruthdes wrote:
Went to the one in Gangnam this afternoon. It's really nice, and was staffed by women (today at least). Not seedy at all.

Gangnam Station, Exit 6.

Happy shopping Very Happy

Thanks alot. Just went there today. It's across the street from American Apparel if that helps.

Did this shop, by any chance, stock western condoms?
BooG690

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://maps.google.com/

Copy and paste: 성인용품

End thread.
rchristo10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Sex shops in korea Reply with quote

Ilsanman wrote:

jdog2050 wrote:
Hey all,

I'm writing an article on adult toy stores in Korea; I already know about the two in Itaewon...where are the others? I've heard tale of Hongdae and Daegu. Anymore?

+1; literally everywhere, especially near stations that have high traffic. Sounds like a very fun research idea. Be sure to look at one other interesting fact: they don't seem to run on standard times. Some open at 1am and the like and some open much earlier. Another interesting thing is if you looked into how many of the items are foreign made. I'd assume that those stores would not be advertising "Made in Korea" but to be honest that sounds sooo interesting to see!!! Oooh oooh oooh, do let me know what you learn. I wonder how many items for women there are in comparison to those for men. I wonder if the price differences are based on that. I also wonder if most of the "stores" actually do most of their business via Internet and mail. I wonder how many walk-ins they have, whether those walk-ins are male or female, go in as couples or singles, and if a male and female, which actually pays. Are they afraid to use credit cards...? Wow even a look into how many pay with credit card in comparison to cash would be interesting.

WHAT A FUN TOPIC!!! PLEASE LET US KNOW SOME OF YOUR RESULTS OR WHERE YOU DECIDED TO PUBLISH IF YOU DO.
rchristo10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Sex shops in korea Reply with quote

Ilsanman wrote:

jdog2050 wrote:
Hey all,

+1; literally everywhere, especially near stations that have high traffic. Sounds like a very fun research idea. Be sure to look at one other interesting fact: they don't seem to run on standard times. Some open at 1am and the like and some open much earlier. Another interesting thing is if you looked into how many of the items are foreign made. I'd assume that those stores would not be advertising "Made in Korea" but to be honest that sounds sooo interesting to see!!! Oooh oooh oooh, do let me know what you learn. I wonder how many items for women there are in comparison to those for men. I wonder if the price differences are based on that. I also wonder if most of the "stores" actually do most of their business via Internet and mail. I wonder how many walk-ins they have, whether those walk-ins are male or female, go in as couples or singles, and if a male and female, which actually pays. Are they afraid to use credit cards...? Wow even a look into how many pay with credit card in comparison to cash would be interesting.

WHAT A FUN TOPIC!!! PLEASE LET US KNOW SOME OF YOUR RESULTS OR WHERE YOU DECIDED TO PUBLISH IF YOU DO.
Ruthdes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suwon23 wrote:
DPark14 wrote:
Ruthdes wrote:
Went to the one in Gangnam this afternoon. It's really nice, and was staffed by women (today at least). Not seedy at all.

Gangnam Station, Exit 6.

Happy shopping Very Happy

Did this shop, by any chance, stock western condoms?

Hmmm, I don't think so. I've never found a place with a decent variety of Western condoms in Korea. I buy online (I recommend http://www.fourseasonscondoms.com.au/ if you don't mind paying over-valued AUD. Their products are good and they ship to Korea in plain packaging. Or I use epharmacy.com.au - also Australian and good for all kinds of pharma products you can't get here). Otherwise they're on my list of things to get when I go home.

An update to the directions above:
Ruthdes wrote:

Gangnam Station, Exit 6.

It's now exit 10 at Gangnam Station.

Madoka wrote:

jdog2050 wrote:

I can't comment on freakiest waygooks, but sex is a topic that will never get old.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just discovered Amazon Global. They have large condoms, which I'm going to need soon. Hopefully, they will ship in a plain package. Go to the global section of the site.
KimchiNinja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weigookin74 wrote:
Just discovered Amazon Global. They have large condoms, which I'm going to need soon.

I don't understand this use of the word "soon". Are you working-out in some way which I don't even want to ask about? The anticipation of level-up to biggie size?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: