Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How hard will it be for me to get a job in seoul

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcdarkslayer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: How hard will it be for me to get a job in seoul Reply with quote

Hi i was wondering how hard is it for a me to get a non teaching job in seoul if i have fall under this citeria:

1.if i am able to speak korean quite fluently

2.if i am a graduate from NUS(National university of singapore) having a degree ranging from business and financial etc.

3.if i have no criminal records.

4.and if i am around 24–30 years old

Ps. I am also wondering if getting a bachelors degree and working in my home country for a month and applying to transfer to the campany to get a sponsored work visa from company or getting a masters degree and going straight to try get a sponsored visa from them
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: How hard will it be for me to get a job in seoul Reply with quote

mcdarkslayer wrote:
Hi i was wondering how hard is it for a me to get a non teaching job in seoul if i have fall under this citeria:

1.if i am able to speak korean quite fluently

2.if i am a graduate from NUS(National university of singapore) having a degree ranging from business and financial etc.

3.if i have no criminal records.

4.and if i am around 24–30 years old

Ps. I am also wondering if getting a bachelors degree and working in my home country for a month and applying to transfer to the campany to get a sponsored work visa from company or getting a masters degree and going straight to try get a sponsored visa from them

That would depend on your country of passport and your visa class.

For an E7 you lack the post grad credentials and/or necessary experience.
For an F4, fly in and start applying.

mcdarkslayer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if i have a masters degree i just fly in and apply? And btw i am from singapore
PRagic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To teach English on an E2 visa? You need citizenship and a valid passport from one of the following English speaking countries: Australia, Britain, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United States. Unless something has changed, this, along with a degree from a university in one of these countries, is the deal.

If you're of Korean ancestry, you can apply for an F4 and work for an institute. If not, see above.

For an F7 working visa, they're mostly looking for experience and big name degrees. NUS is a fantastic school, but just a Bachelor's degree in business won't get you anywhere over here.
mcdarkslayer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not looking for a teaching job and more of a working job so if i get a masters degree will i be able to go for E7 visa?
PRagic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad. Should have read the OP more carefully. Normally don't find many people asking questions about corporate work on an ESL board.

You haven't mentioned your ancestry, but if you're a Kyopo, then the F4 visa can be a helpful thing as you can come here legally and hunt around for a job.

Generally speaking, the unspoken rule is that they're not going to hire a foreigner or Kyopo to do a job a Korean can do.

Most companies like to hire people with experience, and, if possible, they'll hire away from major competitors,

Also keep in mind that the economy has been sputtering along, so unemployment and underemployment in your age cohort is a big concern here. Hiring a non-native Korean isn't a good PR move.

So unless you're bringing something exceptional and industry specific to the table, I'd say don't get overly optimistic about your chances. You can look through the K jobs on LinkedIn and use some recruiters, though. Never hurts to try. Or there might be a Singaporean company looking to place somebody in their Korea branch. I also suggest utilizing your university's networks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: