Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marktoronto

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Foam Reply with quote

Ok, here's a tough one. I'm looking for a large piece of foam to go on top of my rock hard matress. The foam should be about 2 inches thick and be large enough to fit over a queen size bed. Does anyone know of a store that might carry this item in Seoul? If so PLEASE help me, my lower back can't continue handling the pain!
Bulsajo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like what you might want to try is a yo (Korean futon, thinner than N.A. futons) to throw on top of your matress. They can be found everywhere and prices and thickness vary.
Anda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Um Reply with quote

E Mart and department stores sell mats that have sponge inside them up to the size you want. Look where they have bath mats not bedding material. They are made by LG.
Walter Mitty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulsajo wrote:
It sounds like what you might want to try is a yo (Korean futon, thinner than N.A. futons) to throw on top of your matress. They can be found everywhere and prices and thickness vary.

I've seen single-size yos in HomePlus (in Ansan) for about 40,000. Not too bad, but it seems the concept of the $8 foam, egg-crate mattress pad hasn't made it to Korea yet. What they call a mattress pad is barely thicker than a blanket.

I have seen some of those "memory foam" pads, but those run about 200,000. Shocked I think I'll make do with what I've got.
marktoronto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: matress Reply with quote

Thanks Anda, I think your information is closest to what I'm looking for. I'll give it a shot this weekend. I hope I find something soon because I'm starting to walk like an old man with a hernia after consuming some really spicy kim-chee and 2 bottles of soju.
Anda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Um Reply with quote

I fogot to mention that some hiking gear shops have fold-up semi hard foam bed mats all sizes from bum size to double bed. These are cheap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: