Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korea is the Worst!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maitaidads

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Korea is the Worst! Reply with quote

I've lived in 16 different countries doing missionary and teaching work, and I must say that Korea is the worst Third World country to be in. Chad, Cameroon, Liberia, Mexico, Nigeria, Uganda, Georgia, Appalachia, Haiti, Cuba, and Bolivia were all much more pleasant to work/live in than Korea.
All the people were happier, all the food was better, and civil/worker rights were more advanced than Korea.
Don't fool yourself that banking $800 a month, going to the CGV, drinking and smoking on the cheap, and laying an average looking local is worth it. Korea is a disgusting society and living in it is destroying your moral fabric. Get out if you can and stop wasting your life in the world's gutter. Take a step back and examine your value to Koreans and how awful these people truly are. What a bunch of mindless, hive-minded toads. Yuck
byrddogs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a decent enough place to spend a few years in. Settling down and maintaining a lifetime residence there isn't something for most non Ks. Those that do it are a special kind of person.
Steelrails

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place really needs gifs because the Fry from Futurama "Not sure if..." meme is needed for the OPs post.
420bro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberia? Nigeria? Haiti?? Sure, yeah much better than Korea! Come on man pull the other one
LPKSA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incompatible operator.
MedellinHeel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korea is a miserable country when you factor in the xenophobia, shallowness, and all the other poor qualities abound.

If it wasnt for the convenience, travel opportunities, and money I sure wouldnt be here.
3DR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very poor trolling, but no doubt good bait for the bashers to get out some of their frustrations.
byrddogs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3DR wrote:
Very poor trolling, but no doubt good bait for the bashers to get out some of their frustrations.

You got any particular 'bashers' in mind?
Chaparrastique

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Korea is the Worst! Reply with quote

maitaidads wrote:
I've lived in 16 different countries

Georgia, Appalachia, Haiti,

Appalachia is a country?

1. It takes mental and emotional toughness to survive and thrive in this country.
2. I know many nice Koreans.
aq8knyus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Korea is the Worst! Reply with quote

Quote:
Chad, Cameroon, Liberia, Mexico, Nigeria, Uganda, Georgia, Appalachia, Haiti, Cuba, and Bolivia

No wonder you feel the way you do, I am sure you went strutting around like the rich westerner in most of those countries.

Whilst in Korea you are just another face on the subway. It tends to wound the ego.
OBwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Korea is the Worst! Reply with quote

You lost me at this....

maitaidads wrote:

Don't fool yourself that banking $800 a month, going to the CGV, drinking and smoking on the cheap, and laying an average looking local is worth it.

Sounds like a damn good life to me!
LPKSA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Korea is the Worst! Reply with quote

aq8knyus wrote:
Quote:
Chad, Cameroon, Liberia, Mexico, Nigeria, Uganda, Georgia, Appalachia, Haiti, Cuba, and Bolivia

No wonder you feel the way you do, I am sure you went strutting around like the rich westerner in most of those countries.

Whilst in Korea you are just another face on the subway. It tends to wound the ego.

Laughing I love how some people think they're going to SK to be worshipped for their white skin, their perceived fat bank account, their status, and they learn real quick, and then the honeymoon phase is over when you see them hung over at 7 a.m. showing up to work on a Monday.
TheUrbanMyth

Location: It's not a superiority complex when you really are superior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Korea is the Worst! Reply with quote

maitaidads wrote:
I've lived in 16 different countries doing missionary and teaching work, and I must say that Korea is the worst Third World country to be in. Chad, Cameroon, Liberia, Mexico, Nigeria, Uganda, Georgia, Appalachia, Haiti, Cuba, and Bolivia were all much more pleasant to work/live in than Korea.
All the people were happier, all the food was better, and civil/worker rights were more advanced than Korea.

Civil/worker rights are practically non-existent in some of the countries you mentioned. This is not the case in Korea. If you are going to troll...at least use claims that are not subject to fact-checking.
Otter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corea is a special place. Very special!

[img]http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Sloth.jpg[/img]
EZE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Korea is the Worst! Reply with quote

maitaidads wrote:
Don't fool yourself that banking $800 a month, going to the CGV, drinking and smoking on the cheap, and laying an average looking local is worth it.

Instead of being a missionary, get a job at a hagwon! I'm at the bottom of the ESL pay scale and bank more than twice the figure you're quoting just on my hagwon pay alone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: