Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are the increase in job offers because of the CRC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zackback

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Are the increase in job offers because of the CRC? Reply with quote

Hey all,

2 -3 years ago I had very few offers to teach in Korea but recently I have had about 10 different people/recruiters write to me offering me jobs. Why the change? Are the number of teachers being reduced in Korea because of the Criminal Records Check?
schwa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it. The checks have been in place for a few years now & have disqualified some but its still an employers market.
Chaparrastique

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Are the increase in job offers because of the CRC? Reply with quote

Zackback wrote:
Hey all,

2 -3 years ago I had very few offers to teach in Korea but recently I have had about 10 different people/recruiters write to me offering me jobs. Why the change? Are the number of teachers being reduced in Korea because of the Criminal Records Check?

February-march is peak hiring time.
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too early to tell. But, things might be starting to flip back to teachers. If the US economy is improving, then recruiters and employers might be more desperate, though nothing like pre 2009. But, it might be things are easing up. Still, it will take time to tell if this is true. Most US and state unemployment rates are back to mid 2008 levels. (Officially, anyways.)
[email protected]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the"official" number. There's still a lot of long term unemployment. Quite a backlog actually. And a lot of underemployed people. We're not out of this by a long shot.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weigookin74 wrote:
It's too early to tell. But, things might be starting to flip back to teachers. If the US economy is improving, then recruiters and employers might be more desperate, though nothing like pre 2009. But, it might be things are easing up. Still, it will take time to tell if this is true. Most US and state unemployment rates are back to mid 2008 levels. (Officially, anyways.)

Good! Oh please come to work for us, we need more teachers here. Laughing
World Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Zack's a troll. He often types the opposite of the truth.

2) Not sure if the market has improved at all. If it has, a likely reason for the temporary reprieve is the FBI CBC system has been switched over to a new system and is now backlogged. Checks are taking way longer to get than before. (About double compared to usual.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: