Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Today is I love Korea Day!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howard Roark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:50 am    Post subject: Today is I love Korea Day! Reply with quote

I've been in Korea for a year and a half, in the same town too, but not the same school. I suppose my situation was/is like many others'. I graduated from university and wanted to travel and make decent money at the same time. And there was Korea!

I've had my share of problems and complaints in the last year and a half. The first week I was here I was already planning my run! Ah, how times have changed.

I still hate the spitting and the stares bother me now and then.

But recently, I decided I love this country. I think we focus too much on the bad things about Korea on a daily basis. But when I really look at the situation, Korea has so much to offer us.

I can make great money here by doing something pretty easy and usually enjoyable. And not only that but there are other opportunities here too. My boyfriend is talking about opening a restaurant now, which means we could be here for the long haul. A year ago I would have said "no f-ing way!"

But then I ask myself, where else in the world are these opportunities so readily available, to young people with your basic undergrad degrees?

Today is a new day. And I call it: I love Korea Day!

Who else loves Korea? Oh come on now...

No, I'm not drunk, or crazy. I just have a new and more positive perspective that wouldn't hurt any of us to consider.

Cheers Very Happy
just because

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree HR,
I have my I hate Korea days but on the whole I'm satisfied with my life here and I while not quite love it, like it a lot.
There are positives and negatives to every country you live in, just try telling that to some people on this board which just see the bad side of their existance. I'm a sunny side up, half full kind of guy. Smile
posco's trumpet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by posco's trumpet on Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
whatthefunk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday is my once a week I hate Korea day. I don't know why, but I always feel crappy about everything on Sunday. I can tolerate Korea most other days...
rapier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great day today up near the DMZ at Imjingak: bright, clear sunshine, flocks of thousands of wild geese flying right over my head, and the splendid sight of a huge (2.5m wingspan) sea eagle soaring over the estuary. Lovely!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: