Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flu Season - Be Prepared

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seoul Skye

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Flu Season - Be Prepared Reply with quote

The word on the street is that this year's flu season could be pretty bad so I went to the GD Clinic in Kangnam yesterday for a flu shot. With a Korean insurance card, the cost was 18,000 Won. Dr. Koh Jae-joon has great English and excellent qualifications. He was recommended by a Korean attorney friend of mine.

The GD Clinic is located about a 15 minute stroll south of Yeoksam subway station (Towards Yangjae). When you get to a major intersection with a Hana bank on the southeast corner and a Nonghyup bank on the southwest corner, turn left. The clinic is on the second floor of the second building on your left.

If you're on a tight schedule, you might want to email Dr. Goh for an appointment at: [email protected]
Bubbliee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you got ripped off. I went to KonKuk University hospital. I have no insurance or anything. My shot only cost 15,000
just because

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every year is a bad flu season. I'm sick at the moment, all my students are sick, all the teachers are sick. Looks pretty bad to me. Smile
Seoul Skye

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ripped off? No, I expected to pay a higher price at a private practice versus the State subsidized hospital that you went to.
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can you just walk into any hospital and get one?

I'm not insured. But would like the shot, considering NZ is a season behind, so will probably get a double dose.
posco's trumpet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by posco's trumpet on Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Flu Season - Be Prepared Reply with quote

Seoul Skye wrote:
The GD Clinic is located about a 15 minute stroll south of Yeoksam subway station (Towards Yangjae). When you get to a major intersection with a Hana bank on the southeast corner and a Nonghyup bank on the southwest corner, turn left. The clinic is on the second floor of the second building on your left.

Is there a Samsung electronic store at the same intersection, or is that too far? Near the Herbalife?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starperson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the flus here any worse than back home? What's the worst that can happen? You're at home, sick and miserable for a week and a half?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: