Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Workout Supplements
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Temporary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot Rox Extreme
Multi spec Minerals
Chromium
Fish Oil
Multi-Vitamin
Extra Vitamin C
Glutamine - L
Beta 7 Alenine (Forgot spelling)
Whey Isolate (With NO SOY)
Coral Calcium
Vitamin B12
Caffeine
Green Tea
Wilow Bark (asprin)
Tribex

I don't take them all in one shot, and not everyday. I have lost over 55+ kilos I have learned to listen to my body. I can manipulate my body very easily. When preping for a fight I can easily loose 8-10 kilos IN ONE WEEK.

I also excercise up to 16+ hours a week depending if I am training for a fight or not.

on the average at least 8-10 hours a week.

I did a quick check to see how much I can eat before I start gaining weight and it was close to 4500+ calories.
laogaiguk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temporary wrote:
laogaiguk wrote:
Oreovictim wrote:

I took creatine after a while. I don't know if I ever benefited from it or not.

I read a study that they were starting to link the long term use of it to impotence...

What a load of BS.

Did you atleast take the time to think about it? People will say anything to stick with what they already believe (see religion). With that kind of effect, you should at least look into it before saying BS. I didn't say it was true, but that there was a study on creatine and one of the effects they noticed (but weren't looking for) was impotence in men. The study said they would then actually study that more because the evidence was not conclusive, just an anomaly they noticed.
Temporary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laogaiguk wrote:
Temporary wrote:
laogaiguk wrote:
Oreovictim wrote:

I read a study that they were starting to link the long term use of it to impotence...

What a load of BS.

Did you atleast take the time to think about it? People will say anything to stick with what they already believe (see religion). With that kind of effect, you should at least look into it before saying BS. I didn't say it was true, but that there was a study on creatine and one of the effects they noticed (but weren't looking for) was impotence in men. The study said they would then actually study that more because the evidence was not conclusive, just an anomaly they noticed.

Then what was the point of your post..

Let me also remind you that impotance might occur due to stress on the body. If there creatine users were body buildiers or gym rats and if they exceeded past 2.5 hours of physical excercise they might as well have suffered from limp bizkit problem, this is not due to creatine but lack of testosterone in the system. I can speak from personal experience.

Also there has been NO long term studies of creatine on the human body.

SO I CALL IT AS I SEE IT>> BOLLSHET
samd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laogaiguk wrote:
Temporary wrote:
laogaiguk wrote:
Oreovictim wrote:

What a load of BS.

Until you provide a link to the study, then people will call BS.

We've all researched creatine, and never heard of any impotence issues, so why should we take the time to think about it when even you admit that the results of your supposed study are inconclusive?
4 months left

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protein is a necessary building block for muscles; however, resistance exercises are the main component for increasing strength. Protein is
used in our bodies to repair muscle after a workout but the amount of
protein consumed is not necessarily related to the amount of muscle in
our body. Eating more protein will not miraculously increase your
muscle size or strength.

For the average person or athlete, protein supplements are a waste of money. Not only can you easily consume the same amount of protein through whole foods, but you also benefit from other vitamins and minerals found in that food. These nutrients are also important for sport performance. Calcium, which is found in large amounts in milk and dairy products, is important for muscle contraction and bone health. Similarly iron, found in red meat, lentils and enriched grain products, is important for oxygen delivery to the muscles.

Take home message: For the extra money spent on protein supplements and the courage it takes to tolerate their taste, they are not worth buying.
http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/healthinfo//pdfs/Protein2.pdf
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laogaiguk wrote:
Temporary wrote:
laogaiguk wrote:
Oreovictim wrote:

What a load of BS.

Creatine is a naturally occuring substance in the body.

It was probably just some anomaly or something.
vertical loser

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 months left wrote:
Protein is a necessary building block for muscles; however, resistance exercises are the main component for increasing strength. Protein is
used in our bodies to repair muscle after a workout but the amount of
protein consumed is not necessarily related to the amount of muscle in
our body. Eating more protein will not miraculously increase your
muscle size or strength.

For the average person or athlete, protein supplements are a waste of money. .pdf

My long experience with exercise and weight training suggests that you are right. I used to be avegetarian, and noticed no real difference to my body weight - did eat egg whites and dairy though (no meat at all for seven years). One month I put on 5 kilos of muscle through hard training on a vegie diet. Did the same once on a white meat diet too.

Think about it. A 1000kg bull eats only grass, yet is a *beep* of a lot bigger and stronger than you.

Now I'm getting older I hardly eat anything. I CAN'T eat anything. Most days I only eat fruit till lunch time. I eat white meat now.

But I've always been unorthodox. I use Ron Laura's matrix system regulary. I'm up to level seven on a level seven system. This system involves light weights (maybe 30-50% what you'd use in a normal routine), with partial and whole reps, static contractions, high repetitions (sometimes over 40 per set), with minimal rest between sets (10-30 seconds, depending on what part you are doing). The shoulder routine is so intense, I can only use the bar with no weights (40lbs) for the last few sets of shoulder presses). You'd laugh at me... until you saw me with my shirt off. Laughing I've been doing it for 15 years now. Sadly, no other guys have the balls to give it a go. And they feel all embarrassed to use light weights. Aw! I feel sorry for Ron Laura (I know the guy). It's the word's best routine, but he never counted on the male ego when he designed it. That, and the fact it's ten times more painful than conventional training.
cdninkorea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

normalcyispasse wrote:
The best supplement is a good diet

Diet is definitely more important, but when stuck at a plateau I find a good supplement like creatine for a month or so can get me back into growth mode.

Temporary wrote:
Hot Rox Extreme
Multi spec Minerals
Chromium
Fish Oil
Multi-Vitamin
Extra Vitamin C
Glutamine - L
Beta 7 Alenine (Forgot spelling)
Whey Isolate (With NO SOY)
Coral Calcium
Vitamin B12
Caffeine
Green Tea
Wilow Bark (asprin)
Tribex

Wow that's a lot of supplements! What's the reason behind taking all of these? And what kind of martial art(s) are you involved in?

vertical loser wrote:
I use Ron Laura's matrix system regulary. I'm up to level seven on a level seven system. This system involves light weights (maybe 30-50% what you'd use in a normal routine), with partial and whole reps, static contractions, high repetitions (sometimes over 40 per set), with minimal rest between sets (10-30 seconds, depending on what part you are doing). The shoulder routine is so intense, I can only use the bar with no weights (40lbs) for the last few sets of shoulder presses). You'd laugh at me... until you saw me with my shirt off. I've been doing it for 15 years now. Sadly, no other guys have the balls to give it a go. And they feel all embarrassed to use light weights. Aw! I feel sorry for Ron Laura (I know the guy). It's the word's best routine, but he never counted on the male ego when he designed it. That, and the fact it's ten times more painful than conventional training.

Could you provide a link to more details about this training program? I'm always looking for new challenges and care far more about results than about impressing other people when I workout.
Temporary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but cows also have three stomachs and have enzymes that can break down plant matter which contains protein. Also lots of cows are fed feeds that enriched, a free ranging bull IS no where the size of a modern farm bull.

You can't compare humans to bovines. Bovines are herbivores were as humans are omnivores.

I call BS on people and their stance on protein when they say you don't need it. Different people have different metabolisms. I respond better to proteins then most people, I can easily consume enough protein with out a problem to sustain myself, this is how I lost 58 kilos and I maintained my muscle mass with out being skinny fat. I know people that couldn't handle as much protein as me with out getting sick. Most people don't eat over 40 grams of protein a day. I eat 180+ I can't get that much protein into my system with in my calory allowance and I just couldn't eat that much real food with out feeling like a fricking pig. (Most people in this world don't have enzymes that break down lactose except for the Dutch and certain tribes in Africa)

Proteins work for me they don't work for other people. I cycle my proteins as well I know that changing type of proteins can be a healthy thing. The only thing I avoid as much as I can is SOY, which is just utter garbage (No one will convince me otherwise). For the last 2 years I fine tuned my diet for my sport I know what works for me and my sport I am not saying that it will work for everyone, but what bothers me is that people say protein suppliments are useless because they are not.

Simple facts are that proteins are hard to digest, they raise your core tempature, don't deliver as much energy as carbs. These are the same reasons why deathly obesse people are fed HIGH protein(not carbs) diets in hospitals to loose weight quickly (aka Velocity Diet).

Then ofcourse I am not your average schmuck either I excercise 3 hours a day sometimes.
laogaiguk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samd wrote:
laogaiguk wrote:
Temporary wrote:
laogaiguk wrote:
Oreovictim wrote:

What a load of BS.

We've all researched creatine, and never heard of any impotence issues, so why should we take the time to think about it when even you admit that the results of your supposed study are inconclusive?

Remember DDT???

Not every survey is on the net. I saw the survey in a men's health mag about 4 years ago in a gym. Do what you want, just what I read.
Temporary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laogaiguk wrote:
samd wrote:
laogaiguk wrote:
Temporary wrote:
laogaiguk wrote:
Oreovictim wrote:

What a load of BS.

Remember DDT???

Not every survey is on the net. I saw the survey in a men's health mag about 4 years ago in a gym. Do what you want, just what I read.

So what exactly is the point of your post then.. Troll???
P.S.
Men's Health.. BAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
vertical loser

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough if it works for ya, Temp.

I'm a minimalist, myself (a bit off topic here). I got priorities outside the gym at my age. I like the matrix system because it is short and intense, and I rotate it with conventional weights and a bit of running. When I do conventional weights I do the whole body in one routine, no more than once a week ( i.e once conventional and once matrix every 7-9 days). I figure it's better for recovery. I go for intensity, not volume e.g. I often do only ONE set TOTAL for biceps, one for triceps. I find that's enough with the intensity of doing back and chest matrix routines on my other days. If you ever tried having to do ten chins with body weight (100kg in my case) with only ten seconds rest after just doing 42 reps of machine pulldowns and 35 reps of rows, you will know what having fried arms is all about (along with lats, of course). I'm not into overtraining. I do no more than 2.5 - 3 hours of weights a week total (spread over three days).
Temporary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdninkorea wrote:
normalcyispasse wrote:

Diet is definitely more important, but when stuck at a plateau I find a good supplement like creatine for a month or so can get me back into growth mode.

Temporary wrote:
Hot Rox Extreme -Fat Burners.. All natural and they work
Multi spec Minerals - Minerals for mind and body.. They help with my Bi-polar disorder.
Chromium/Nitrogen - Muscle maintanence
Fish Oil - Muscle building nutrient and Anti-inflamatory (my Knees suck)
Multi-Vitamin - Vitamins - I loose lots of water weight so I loose lots of nutrients out of my body.
Extra Vitamin C - There is a reason Human and guinee pigs suffer from hearth attacks and animals that synthesise vitamin C don't (ie Dogs).
Glutamine - L - Helps muscle regenerative process.
Beta 7 Alenine (Forgot spelling) - General Enhancer.
Whey Isolate (With NO SOY) - Protein what else can I say.
Coral Calcium - Again I sweat a lot and loose a lot of calcium, my fingernails become brittle and I get little white spots on them.Vitamin B12- Well known anti depressant.
Caffeine - Metabolism booster.
Green Tea - Anti Oxidant - Metabolism booster (Reverse effect of caffeine)
Wilow Bark (asprin) - Dilutes blood which helps in oxygen delivery plus it makes you sweat.
Tribex -Testosterone booster.. When I train hard especialy for a fight I need all the help I can, which includes aggression.

Wow that's a lot of supplements! What's the reason behind taking all of these? And what kind of martial art(s) are you involved in?

I kickbox.

vertical loser wrote:
I use Ron Laura's matrix system regulary. I'm up to level seven on a level seven system. This system involves light weights (maybe 30-50% what you'd use in a normal routine), with partial and whole reps, static contractions, high repetitions (sometimes over 40 per set), with minimal rest between sets (10-30 seconds, depending on what part you are doing). The shoulder routine is so intense, I can only use the bar with no weights (40lbs) for the last few sets of shoulder presses). You'd laugh at me... until you saw me with my shirt off. I've been doing it for 15 years now. Sadly, no other guys have the balls to give it a go. And they feel all embarrassed to use light weights. Aw! I feel sorry for Ron Laura (I know the guy). It's the word's best routine, but he never counted on the male ego when he designed it. That, and the fact it's ten times more painful than conventional training.

Could you provide a link to more details about this training program? I'm always looking for new challenges and care far more about results than about impressing other people when I workout.
vertical loser

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdninkorea wrote:
normalcyispasse wrote:

http://www.ronlaura.com/aussiemegapump.htm

The matrix system was developed by Prof Ron Laura. He was my doctoral supervisor back in the 90s (I dropped out and enrolled elsewhere 6 yrs later, but nothing to do with Ron). Ron is a bit of a showman, but a nice guy. 5 times world arm wrestling champ, and held the world record for his body weight in bench press at one time. Got his PhD from Oxford, I think, did a stint at Harvard too.

But I warn you, I've never seen any guy EVER stick out the matrix system, except one. It's sh.t hard. You might be able to guess who that one guy is. Wink
laogaiguk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temporary wrote:

So what exactly is the point of your post then.. Troll???
P.S.
Men's Health.. BAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not men's health, a men's health mag (azine)...
Troll, how is this trollish? I am saying I don't have the study, just what I read and to take it how you want to. My point is to say I saw this and to be aware of it (not to take it to heart). Heaven forbid I point out a potential problem with something, then again, maybe some people should be impotent, as your aggressiveness is over the top on this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: