Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Workout Supplements
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdninkorea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the posters who mentioned Biotest Hot Rox: it really works? How well for you? Where can you buy it in Korea and what did it cost you?

To the poster complaining about cottage cheese not being available: check a black market shop. They carry cottage cheese, although it's about double what it costs where I'm from (Canada).

And what's this about losing the gains you make from creatine? Sure you won't be quite as strong after creatine, but you'll still be stronger than you were before you started taking it. As I've said before, creatine is great for busting through a plateau.
jbpatlanta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I'd chime in here.

I use the following although not necessary at the same time:

Whey Protein
Caesin Protein
BCAA
Aminos
Tribulus
Hot Rox
Glutamine
Taurine
Creatine
ZMA
Fish Oil liquid
Fish oil capsules
Multi vitamin

That is the basics I use. Usually Protein shakes a couple times a day. Always a shake post workout with creatine, glutamine, BCAAs, and taurine. ZMA every night without fail. Multi every morning. FIsh oil liquid every morning and night. Fish oil capsules every afternoon. On non work out days creatine every morning.

I eat a high protein, lower carb diet. At least 1 gram / pound of bodyweight / day. I keep carbs under 100 grams a day, with most of these eaten post workout or at breakfast. I usually only use fruit as my carb source.

To those of you that take flax seed oil, I recently read a couple of studies that stated flax seed oil basically increased the estrogen in your body. So for guys this would be very bad as in the watch me grow breast way.

For those of you that have not tried it try ZMA. This has really helped me sleep quite well at night and I seem to get a better night's rest than I used to. Pretty vivid dreams too.
American_Maverick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you guys purchase all these supplements living in Korea? GNC? Just thinking about that place pisses me off with their inflated prices, however, if that is the only option...

Do a lot of you use bodybuilding.com? Great site, but the shipping costs to S. Korea are a bitch. Supplements are a requirement for me given my lifestyle. I'm just not sure where I will go to get the brands I favor at decent prices once I am in Pusan.
stevieg4ever

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diet is the key. Its the best known supplement around. Get your body into the habit of being accustomed to a consistent stream of healthy calories and you cant lose. AM cardio is the key to cutting and burning fat.
I take something pre workout (sida cordifolia and lcarnitine). It works for me and isnt expensive at all really.

Ideally you should be aiming to eat at least 5-6 times a day. Its a lot of work and time consuming but its the best way.
Saxiif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To the posters who mentioned Biotest Hot Rox: it really works? How well for you? Where can you buy it in Korea and what did it cost you?

I used those things for a while (ordered them online). Used them more for waking me up in the morning than anything, if you take anything near what the bottle recommends you'll be bouncing off the walls, those things are really strong. Things blow Bacchas or coffee out of the water energy-wise, but I wouldn't recommend taking too many...
stevieg4ever

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know what has happened to health-korea?? cant seem to find it these days. they sell a lot of good training supps, protein etc
American_Maverick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

American_Maverick wrote:
Where do you guys purchase all these supplements living in Korea? GNC? Just thinking about that place pisses me off with their inflated prices, however, if that is the only option...

Do a lot of you use bodybuilding.com? Great site, but the shipping costs to S. Korea are a bitch. Supplements are a requirement for me given my lifestyle. I'm just not sure where I will go to get the brands I favor at decent prices once I am in Pusan.

*bump* for help answering my question...

Do most of you order online, or is there a reasonably priced supplement chain in SK?
cdninkorea

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Maverick:

http://www.mass119.com

Great site.
Temporary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

American_Maverick wrote:

www.t-nation.com For hot rox Any biotest stuff
bewolff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: suppliments Reply with quote

Is there a place in Korea to buy some sort of Thermodrene/thermognics/stacker type supplement? if it must be bought online are there any places that ship directly to korea?
cj1976

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these drinks used to gain bulk? How about if you need to lose a flabby beer belly? I'm not really interested in having big muscles, but these love handles need to go sometime.
EzeWong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

travel zen wrote:

There was a study about the ancient Roman soldiers and what they ate. The debate was that they ate mostly veggies and not meats when they trained in camps, and this gave them an edge over the 'barbarian' meat eaters in terms of strentgh and staying power....

There's an old Japanese well... "fairytale" I'll call it, since I'm a very skeptical person.

A buddist, or zen, or samurai (I'm guessing samurai since it was a 600 page samurai book I was reading) wanted to test which would be stronger.

They took two students of relative strength. One trained hard physicall eating meat and rice. The other spent his time meditating and eating vegtables.

Anyways, they fought and the veggie eater/ meditator came out on top. I have to find the source but I just find it interesting that different cultures have had similar findings.
Temporary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EzeWong wrote:
travel zen wrote:

There was a study about the ancient Roman soldiers and what they ate. The debate was that they ate mostly veggies and not meats when they trained in camps, and this gave them an edge over the 'barbarian' meat eaters in terms of strentgh and staying power....

There's an old Japanese well... "fairytale" I'll call it, since I'm a very skeptical person.

A buddist, or zen, or samurai (I'm guessing samurai since it was a 600 page samurai book I was reading) wanted to test which would be stronger.

They took two students of relative strength. One trained hard physicall eating meat and rice. The other spent his time meditating and eating vegtables.

Anyways, they fought and the veggie eater/ meditator came out on top. I have to find the source but I just find it interesting that different cultures have had similar findings.

May I remind you that the Roman empire collapsed. Everything and anything we owe is to Barbarians. The books that you read sound like more ancient "Asian" mumbo jumbo that has the same lines as eating dog soup gives you more stamina.
i4NI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donkey Beer wrote:
HGH is quite nice. It is the fountain of youth without any proven side effects.

have you seen tito ortiz's face?
sargx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Controlled labs White flood
Controlled labs Green Magnitude
Controlled labs Purple Wrath
Controlled labs Glycergrow
Controlled labs Golden Finish
Universal's Animal Flex
Universal's Animal Pak
Universal's Micronized Creatine (when loading)
Prolabs Glutamine
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey
Isopure MRP's

... wow, that looks pretty ridiculous doesn't it?

Also, I took biotest hot-rox for a few months. They didn't really effect me much. Although I did lose 40lbs with diet and exercise and using them. I don't think I will buy them again, I will go with lipo6x or controlled labs weight loss supplement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: