Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Workout Supplements
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
12ax7



Joined: 07 Nov 2009

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimchiNinja wrote:
I'm not a work out "expert" but I just focus on diet, plus a little gym each week, plus a Sun Warrior rice protein shake occasionally to keep the protein levels up at 1g per pound body weight, on workout days.

Guess I don't really believe in doing anything too unnatural. No crazy 2000 calorie protein shakes made of condensed eggs or whatever.


I don't do the protein shakes anymore. Sure, I was able to bench nearly 3 times my own weight, but all that extra weight was a killer in the summer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Captain Corea



Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Location: Seoul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weight you were carrying, or the weight you were consuming?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
12ax7



Joined: 07 Nov 2009

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:
The weight you were carrying, or the weight you were consuming?


The weight I was carrying. I had to quit going to the gym for a couple of months because I'm working on a project that's keeping me busy, but before then I was at about 80% of my strength when I was at my strongest, but about 25 pounds lighter. Those extra 25 pounds made a huge difference last summer...plus I was ripped.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
12ax7



Joined: 07 Nov 2009

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got some Nature Made multivitamins from iHerb. They are great, easy to digest, unlike the Kirkland vitamins I had before.

http://iherb.com/p/40396?rcode=kol914

I got these for my wife and she likes them, too.

http://iherb.com/p/40397?rcode=kol914
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jyang486



Joined: 25 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my supplement schedule.

Morning
Upon wake up, I take 2 caps of Oxyelite Pro with water. After 30 minutes (I shower and check email during this time), I take 2 caps of Opti-men multi-vits, 1 cap of ALA, 1 cap of garlicin, and 2 caps of Omega 3. I take these with one scoop of whey protein isolate mixed with water.

I make a shake of 1 scoop of casein protein, 1 scoop of greens plus, couple tablespoons of milled flax seed, teaspoon of potassium chloride, and one serving of liquid fish oil. I sip on this throughout the day.

Noon
After lunch at school where I ask for a small helping of rice, pile on the kimchi, vegetables, and meat, I take 1 cap of ALA and 1 cap of garlicin. Then an hour after lunch, I take another cap of Oxyelite Pro with water. Then 30 minutes later I finish the shake, and fill up the bottle with water and put in a couple green tea packets.

Afternoon
At home before exercising (lifting or basketball), I make myself pasta with a grilled chicken breast. I don't finish the pasta, but kill the chicken. I take 1 cap of Opti-men, 1 cap of ALA, and 1 cap of garlicin.

If I lift, I take BCAAs mixed with water and sip throughout the workout. Then a postworkout shake immediately after. If I go play ball, I don't take any of that.

Night
After I get home, I cook up another grilled chicken breast and just add in the pasta I didn't finish to reheat. Before sleep I mix half a scoop of casein powder with water, and kill it. I also eat 1 spoonful of raw almond butter, and a handful of almonds or brazil nuts.

This is pretty much what I do Monday to Friday. Saturdays and Sundays I follow the supplement schedule, but not so much the diet. I have lost a good amount of the beer belly, but I still have a ways to go. Hopefully six pack by January. I get all my supps from Iherb and I spent roughly $300, in 3 separate orders so I don't get crushed by customs. I will have to resupply the protein powder, milled flax seed, and greens plus, but the OEPs, Opti-Men multi-vs, ALA, garlicin, and Omega 3s will last me another couple months. Seems like a waste of money to some of my friends, but to me it's been well worth it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Captain Corea



Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Location: Seoul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
Just got some Nature Made multivitamins from iHerb. They are great, easy to digest, unlike the Kirkland vitamins I had before.

http://iherb.com/p/40396?rcode=kol914

I got these for my wife and she likes them, too.

http://iherb.com/p/40397?rcode=kol914


Those look like decent multis. I should probably grab those for my wife on my next order.

I'm using these as my main multi right now
http://www.iherb.com/Universal-Nutrition-Animal-Pak-Training-Supplement-44-Packs/27243


---------------------------------------

Jyang, those Opti-men look interesting. Also, I think I might add in some Garlicin to my next order.


Geez, my wish list is getting deeper and deeper on iHerb. Laughing



---------------------------------------

I've started to dip my toes into pre-workout stuff.

http://www.iherb.com/Universal-Nutrition-Animal-Pump-The-Preworkout-Muscle-Volumizing-Stack-30-Packs/27245

http://www.iherb.com/Gaspari-Nutrition-SuperPump-Max-Blue-Raspberry-Ice-1-41-lbs-640-g/30455

Digging them more than I expected I would.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jyang486



Joined: 25 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Corea wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Just got some Nature Made multivitamins from iHerb. They are great, easy to digest, unlike the Kirkland vitamins I had before.

http://iherb.com/p/40396?rcode=kol914

I got these for my wife and she likes them, too.

http://iherb.com/p/40397?rcode=kol914


Those look like decent multis. I should probably grab those for my wife on my next order.

I'm using these as my main multi right now
http://www.iherb.com/Universal-Nutrition-Animal-Pak-Training-Supplement-44-Packs/27243


---------------------------------------

Jyang, those Opti-men look interesting. Also, I think I might add in some Garlicin to my next order.


Geez, my wish list is getting deeper and deeper on iHerb. Laughing



---------------------------------------

I've started to dip my toes into pre-workout stuff.

http://www.iherb.com/Universal-Nutrition-Animal-Pump-The-Preworkout-Muscle-Volumizing-Stack-30-Packs/27245

http://www.iherb.com/Gaspari-Nutrition-SuperPump-Max-Blue-Raspberry-Ice-1-41-lbs-640-g/30455

Digging them more than I expected I would.


I would recommend looking into Orange Triad for multivitamins. Wasn't able to squeeze them in with the last order because of the $105 limit, so I settled on Optimen, which are good as well. Considered Animal Pak, but price to servings wasn't ideal for my budget.

And I read up on how good garlicin is for the system from the book 4 hour body. It's an interesting read and I highly recommend it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
12ax7



Joined: 07 Nov 2009

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jyang486 wrote:
Captain Corea wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Just got some Nature Made multivitamins from iHerb. They are great, easy to digest, unlike the Kirkland vitamins I had before.

http://iherb.com/p/40396?rcode=kol914

I got these for my wife and she likes them, too.

http://iherb.com/p/40397?rcode=kol914


Those look like decent multis. I should probably grab those for my wife on my next order.

I'm using these as my main multi right now
http://www.iherb.com/Universal-Nutrition-Animal-Pak-Training-Supplement-44-Packs/27243


---------------------------------------

Jyang, those Opti-men look interesting. Also, I think I might add in some Garlicin to my next order.


Geez, my wish list is getting deeper and deeper on iHerb. Laughing



---------------------------------------

I've started to dip my toes into pre-workout stuff.

http://www.iherb.com/Universal-Nutrition-Animal-Pump-The-Preworkout-Muscle-Volumizing-Stack-30-Packs/27245

http://www.iherb.com/Gaspari-Nutrition-SuperPump-Max-Blue-Raspberry-Ice-1-41-lbs-640-g/30455

Digging them more than I expected I would.


I would recommend looking into Orange Triad for multivitamins. Wasn't able to squeeze them in with the last order because of the $105 limit, so I settled on Optimen, which are good as well. Considered Animal Pak, but price to servings wasn't ideal for my budget.

And I read up on how good garlicin is for the system from the book 4 hour body. It's an interesting read and I highly recommend it.


I use Nature Made Multi for Him (with vitamin D, which is good for winters). They are very easy to digest, and only have a faint taste of vitamin C. They are far better than the old Kirkland vitamins that I used to buy, which left me with an upset stomach and a strange taste in my mouth all.

Here's a link for the Nature Made Multi for Him:

http://iherb.com/p/40396?rcode=kol914

and for the Nature Made Multi for Her:

http://iherb.com/p/40397?rcode=kol914
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jyang486



Joined: 25 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
Jyang486 wrote:
Captain Corea wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
Just got some Nature Made multivitamins from iHerb. They are great, easy to digest, unlike the Kirkland vitamins I had before.

http://iherb.com/p/40396?rcode=kol914

I got these for my wife and she likes them, too.

http://iherb.com/p/40397?rcode=kol914


Those look like decent multis. I should probably grab those for my wife on my next order.

I'm using these as my main multi right now
http://www.iherb.com/Universal-Nutrition-Animal-Pak-Training-Supplement-44-Packs/27243


---------------------------------------

Jyang, those Opti-men look interesting. Also, I think I might add in some Garlicin to my next order.


Geez, my wish list is getting deeper and deeper on iHerb. Laughing



---------------------------------------

I've started to dip my toes into pre-workout stuff.

http://www.iherb.com/Universal-Nutrition-Animal-Pump-The-Preworkout-Muscle-Volumizing-Stack-30-Packs/27245

http://www.iherb.com/Gaspari-Nutrition-SuperPump-Max-Blue-Raspberry-Ice-1-41-lbs-640-g/30455

Digging them more than I expected I would.


I would recommend looking into Orange Triad for multivitamins. Wasn't able to squeeze them in with the last order because of the $105 limit, so I settled on Optimen, which are good as well. Considered Animal Pak, but price to servings wasn't ideal for my budget.

And I read up on how good garlicin is for the system from the book 4 hour body. It's an interesting read and I highly recommend it.


I use Nature Made Multi for Him (with vitamin D, which is good for winters). They are very easy to digest, and only have a faint taste of vitamin C. They are far better than the old Kirkland vitamins that I used to buy, which left me with an upset stomach and a strange taste in my mouth all.

Here's a link for the Nature Made Multi for Him:

http://iherb.com/p/40396?rcode=kol914

and for the Nature Made Multi for Her:

http://iherb.com/p/40397?rcode=kol914


Isn't that what you said in the previous post?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International