Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone completed ITTT TEFL recently?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pkang0202

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: ITTT Tefl Reply with quote

daz1979 wrote:
How fast can you complete the course and how long does it take to receive your qualification?

Umm.... I don't think it would be smart to finish a 100 hour course under a week. It's bad enough that it is an online TEFL course and not an onsite one. Try explaining how you finished a 100 hour course in under a week.

I think anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months is the normal time frame for completing a 100 hour certificate.

Anything under 3 weeks will raise some suspicion.
daz1979

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stuck in Korea without any job at the moment, so I kind of wanted to bash the course out everyday for a week or two! Is that not possible or realistic?
Ck10n3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone still have their ITTT worksheets?
espoir

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ck10n3 wrote:
anyone still have their ITTT worksheets?

I do, but honestly why do you want them?? They are completely useless, aside from the certificate at the end its entirely pointless. I think it took me no more than 5hrs to do the 100hr course.
some waygug-in

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I didn't sign up for the ITTT course then,

The course I'm taking from "I to I" looks a bit better, although I don't know how useful it is for me to review a bunch of British grammar rules.

This course looks a lot more useful, I wish I had seen it first.

http://www.teyl.com/
Loudog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz1979 wrote:
I'm stuck in Korea without any job at the moment, so I kind of wanted to bash the course out everyday for a week or two! Is that not possible or realistic?

Very possible and realistic. I did it in about a week. You have 24 hours to complete the final which gives you plenty of time to hunt through the materials for the answers.
daz1979

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know why people are asking me for the worksheets now... A YEAR LATER

For furure reference..... I DO NOT HAVE THE WORKSHEETS Laughing Laughing

Also for future reference.... The test is simple... I did completed it all in 3 days with a nearly perfect score. Lost 5 points on grammar and the rest were maximum. IT'S THAT EASY (as long as you have teaching experience, I guess)!!!
Quillis2009

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: ITTT Answers to Unit 14 and Unit 15 Reply with quote

Hello,

I am currently in the process of completing the online (tutor support) ITTT 100 Hour Course.

I would love to hear from somebody who has completed this course and have still got their answersheets available for Unit 14 and Unit 15 please so as I can make comparisons?

If anyone wants me to email me the notes from all the units I have done to date I will gladly provide them with these.

Thanks Guys.
noobteacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that the questions and answers for the final are the same exact questions and answers from the worksheets. Can anyone who has taken the final recently confirm (or deny) this?
Nuggets

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Final Test Reply with quote

JUST emailed in the test. I hated every second of it. It wasn't hard, it's just taking tests take so frickin' much out of me. Skimmed through all the units with an adderall in a few hours, took the test the next day. I had to take a big break in between, it should've been much faster if I actually had applied myself. Think I did alright, I probably just over-thought about it... I usually do.
bluntedstuntman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anyone has the worksheets and notes for units 15-20
for the 100hour course with tutor support
i would greatly appreciate it (i'll buy you a beer if you in the area) if you could send them to me.
please PM me
cheers
Triban

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, but you wasted your money on tutor support. More time consuming and more expensive...
JD_Tiberius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this course worth it? The very idea of online tefl courses sets just about every single one of my mental scam alert klaxons into overdrive, but it seems that if I want to get into Korea this year then theres really no choice other than to do one.
Morticae

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished this course.

I have no teaching experience and no education in teaching, so I did find many of the things useful. In addition to that, it will give me a pay bump which is definitely worth the price.

Don't get tutor support, that's a waste. Overall, very easy. I saved all the courses on my computer in case I may want to reference them later.
snowysunshine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recently completed the course, and received my certificate... It wasn't too difficult, and the bonus is that it raised my pay scale 100,000 won... so, it will pay for itself in two months. Considering that it wasn't too difficult, or time consuming, it's fine. Really, though, it should have raised my pay double that, but GEPIK has this lovely thing written in their contract that one can only go up one pay scale per year. That was a bit of a bummer, but oh well. I still think it's worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: