Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Schools in Pusan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you Like Pusan?
Great City!
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Lots of Opportunities
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Try another one...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Peanut Butter Sandwiches are Great!
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Van-Neo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Good Schools in Pusan? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I am currently living in Vancouver BC, and am looking to learn about the Korean culture, and help foreigners of Canada learn English. I am planning to move to Korea mid March / April 1st.

I am currently research Cities, and am leaning towards Pusan... could anyone give me a list of some schools to look / lookout for?

Any advice would be muchly appreciated!!!!
I am a CompSci-dude, and will repay any help with Computer Tips when I arrive.
Thanks so Much!

Paul
The Den

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a pretty good time in Pusan. It is the second largest city so there are quite a few amenities to be found. The night life is decent. Probably not as good as Seoul. I did manage to get to Seoul a couple of times when I was there 5 years ago. I am planning a second trip there this summer. I will be staying in Pusan as my wife is there. I found the city to have a good subway system. Apparently it was improved a lot for the World Cup so now it is supposed to be even better. Although it is a big city with a lot of traffic there are a lot of opportunities to go hiking in the mountains around Pusan. Anyway I recommend it. As far as schools are concerned I worked at ESS and had a good time. Please refer to the post on one of the other pages though because it seems that there are some negative comments. Although I had a good time and was well treated things may have changed since then. I also would recommend teaching adults unless you have previous experience with kids. I did not enjoy teaching kids. You could apply at Pagoda, ELS, and I believe EF (English First was there. Although I do not know if they are still in business. One good thing I will say about ESS though is that during the IMF crisis when we saw our salaries cut in half they were the only hagwon I knew of that reimbursed us for that loss even though they were taking a direct hit. It made me feel really valued and lucky to work there. Anyway those are my thoughts on the matter. I hope things work out for you.
Van-Neo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Thanks alot for the Info! Reply with quote

Thanks! Excelent info! Please, if anyone has any other comments, please reply!

Paul Smile
IconsFanatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either put in the leg work to find yourself a good school, or contact one of the reputable recruiters that work solely for Canadians wanting to work in Korea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: