Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Putting off severence...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skippy

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Putting off severence... Reply with quote

Once again posted by Skippys Girl Friend Gotta get her her own account
Hi,

I am working for a university. It is stated in my contract that the university will pay the severence pay one month after the termination of the contract, in order to recoup expenses (telephone, etc).

Has anyone had a similar situation? Should I kiss it goodbye or will it come?

Also can I go home then, when it's finished, or should I wait in Korea for the severence (actually the plane ticket makes this difficult).

It seems easy - just leave the bank account open and access it from home. But I heard a rumour that when you leave korea, immigration notes this and your Korean bank account is closed. Is this true?

Any info appreciated.

Last edited by Skippy on Tue May 20, 2003 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
William Beckerson

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left and my account is still humming along.

Now, I guess the question is, do you trust them to actually deposit your money?
The Lemon

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It seems easy - just leave the bank account open and access it from home. But I heard a rumour that when you leave korea, immigration notes this and your Korean bank account is closed. Is this true?

Like many rumours, this one is absolutely untrue. There is no connection between your bank account and your visa status.

Just be sure that your card can access the account from home. Do a search for "atm card" on the site here for details on that issue.
rudyflyer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry about not getting your money. Been at 2 unis and the money has always showed up within a month.

You may though have to open an account at CHB or Ngyon Hyop Bank (the ag bank) for them to deposit your money, thats what we've been told.

Follow Lemons advice and make sure you got a global ATM card if not get a collegue here to wire the money back
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: