Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SCHOOL WARNING - CEIC -Changnyeong English Immersion Camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fusionbarnone

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forcing teachers to quit must surely make that korean gulag owner happy to the tune of 2k+ per person each time he gets away with this.

Damn those hogwon associations and their creative bent towards pooling schemes on "how to rip off foreigners" BS.
nichgq

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Old News Reply with quote

I don't know how it was in 2008-9 but none of these issues are relevant now at Changnyeong English Village. I have been teaching here for a little over a year and we have not experienced any abuse at all. In every case our employers have lived up to or gone above the stated promises in the contract. In all honesty I don't want anyone judging this job on these old posts when in reality the job environment is excellent.
SeoulNate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Old News Reply with quote

nichgq wrote:
I don't know how it was in 2008-9 but none of these issues are relevant now at Changnyeong English Village. I have been teaching here for a little over a year and we have not experienced any abuse at all. In every case our employers have lived up to or gone above the stated promises in the contract. In all honesty I don't want anyone judging this job on these old posts when in reality the job environment is excellent.

1 post on forums, joined last week.

BS flag has been thrown
nichgq

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Old News Reply with quote

SeoulNate wrote:
nichgq wrote:

BS flag has been thrown

Yeah, I've only been on here a week. The reason why? It's because I'm not prolific in internet forums. I try to stay away since most of them are crawling with trolls. I joined this one and posted because I love my job and I'd hate to see someone base their opinion of the school that I have loved being a part of on a post that was put on here 6 years ago. This is a good job and my employer has been nothing less than a friend and a mentor to me during my time here.

Much can happen in 6 years, heavens knows I've changed immensely in that time. This is a good school and a good job. That is the honest truth and that is all I can offer.
SeoulNate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Old News Reply with quote

nichgq wrote:
SeoulNate wrote:
nichgq wrote:

BS flag has been thrown

Yeah, I've only been on here a week. The reason why? It's because I'm not prolific in internet forums. I try to stay away since most of them are crawling with trolls. I joined this one and posted because I love my job and I'd hate to see someone base their opinion of the school that I have loved being a part of on a post that was put on here 6 years ago. This is a good job and my employer has been nothing less than a friend and a mentor to me during my time here.

Much can happen in 6 years, heavens knows I've changed immensely in that time. This is a good school and a good job. That is the honest truth and that is all I can offer.

every job is great 1 week in.

How can you love the job after one week?

Still BS I'm calling it. I would still bet its a terrible place to work. Owners do not just up and change their style of management.
nichgq

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been at this job for over a year. I enjoy it because I like the environment, the challenge, and students I work with. I joined this forum because I saw my school being attacked online. If I sound like a Korean I guess it is because I've spent so much time with them that I have picked up on their mannerisms. I guess I'll get faulted for that and for the rookie mistake of joining for a reason other than finding the best drinking spot.
SeoulNate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you necro'ed a thread from 6 years ago... that is not just casually browsing the internet.. that is searching with a purpose.

A quick google search turns up similar BS from other NETs at the Hakwon. They hold you guys down with a gun to your head and tell you to write nice things about the school or something?
BigBuds

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My BS detector is registering off the scale.

http://www.greenbookblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/MBFMDetectorblack.jpg
Nester Noodlemon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nichgq wrote:
I have been at this job for over a year. I enjoy it because I like the environment, the challenge, and students I work with. I joined this forum because I saw my school being attacked online. If I sound like a Korean I guess it is because I've spent so much time with them that I have picked up on their mannerisms. I guess I'll get faulted for that and for the rookie mistake of joining for a reason other than finding the best drinking spot.

hangman time

_ _ _ _

b c d e f g h j k m n o p q s t u v w x y z
SeoulNate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBuds wrote:
My BS detector is registering off the scale.

http://www.greenbookblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/MBFMDetectorblack.jpg

brilliant. Bookmarked for later use
Nester Noodlemon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nester Noodlemon wrote:
nichgq wrote:

hangman time

_ _ _ _

_ _ a _
wanderkind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nester Noodlemon wrote:
Nester Noodlemon wrote:
nichgq wrote:

hangman time

_ _ _ _

_ _ a _

Oh! Oh! I'd like to solve?
http://31.media.tumblr.com/6f7f760a014d1b0716a31625e73b5afa/tumblr_mz4c58lPro1rxfwaxo1_500.jpg
Nester Noodlemon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanderkind wrote:
Nester Noodlemon wrote:
Nester Noodlemon wrote:
nichgq wrote:

hangman time

_ _ _ _

_ _ a _

Oh! Oh! I'd like to solve?
http://31.media.tumblr.com/6f7f760a014d1b0716a31625e73b5afa/tumblr_mz4c58lPro1rxfwaxo1_500.jpg

Sorry, but that's not the right question. Smile
Nester Noodlemon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nester Noodlemon wrote:
Nester Noodlemon wrote:
nichgq wrote:

hangman time

_ _ _ _

_ _ a _

l _ a _
Stain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard a foreign teacher refer to their Korean boss as a mentor, nor have I heard anyone say that their working experience changed them..for the better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: