Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bathhouse or sauna at the airport
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schwa

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like 'Panorama Lounge' on the pre-boarding side, upstairs. Belongs to one of the big hotels. Nice western breakfast in the a.m. & friendly staff at the bar, draft beer & smoking ok too. I pass through every few months & they greet me by name now.
Swiss James

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh- I go into the Panorama lounge about once a fortnight and they don't even remember to give me staff discount unless I bring my ID!

Anyway the best restaurants in the airport are on the Pre-security side in the Transportation Centre. This is the huge open area that is currently housing a few travel agents, the entrances to the car parks, and not much else. It's often seen on TV though, lots of adverts are filmed there because it looks acers.

If you're in the middle section between international and domestic, between McDonalds and KFC on the ground floor, go down one level to the basement and then walk towards the travellators with "Sparro" (so-so pizza place) on your right. Keep going in that direction, to the far side of the big dome-like space, and eventually you'll see two restaurants.

The one on the left (equivalent to where the McDonalds is) serves good stews and soups, Chamchi Kimchi chigae, Kalbi Tang etc, they've got a couple of kinds of kimchi in jars on the table and private dining rooms. The one of the right "BJ Galbi" does a great Dolsot Bibimbap, fish stew (forgotten the name), and just a general range of korean stuff.
They're both pretty cheap, and mostly only known by airport staff.

Alternatively, there's a snack place in the basement- turn right at "Sparro", walk past a hairdressers (I think) and walk for a little while till you see it on your right. Kimbap (tuna, beef or vegetable) for 3000 won, dukkbogi, mandu guk and ramen. You have to pay at the counter where they sell cigarettes, then take your bill over to the women making the food.

If there's one thing I know about Korea, it's Incheon airport!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: