Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Decent Buffets in Seoul...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yaya

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Buffets Reply with quote

Harpeau wrote:
panthermodern wrote:
Still where can I get GOOD fish and chips so help me god.
CYA

Tony's Aussie Shop has great fish and chips!!

Wolfhound Pub and Gecko's have better fish and chips.
reactionary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

travelbender wrote:
All you can eat Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Western buffet near Ssangmun station area in North Seoul.

It's called Fishers Market. I've been scouring the web for a link but I can't seem to find one. It's a nice place, very family oriented, with a kids playroom attached, but that being said, it's still got some style and class.

Sounds good and I'm in that area. Diretions?
Harpeau

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a nice Middle Eastern Buffet at a restaurant called Arabian. It's about a block East of the Hamilton Hotel on the same side of the street. It's close to Itaewon Station. It happens on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from noon till 11:30 pm. or so. It's 15,000 won and I think it's very tasty food!! I highly recommend it!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
cdninkorea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpeau wrote:
There is a nice Middle Eastern Buffet at a restaurant called Arabian. It's about a block East of the Hamilton Hotel on the same side of the street. It's close to Itaewon Station. It happens on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from noon till 11:30 pm. or so. It's 15,000 won and I think it's very tasty food!! I highly recommend it!!

Bump. Sadly this place is closed. It was a very nice place and I liked the decor as well, but it was never busy. I still mourn its loss.

On a more positive note, do the recommendations for the the Indian buffets still stand, or have some places gone downhill?
Xuanzang

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't recommend the Terrace buffet at the Grand Hyatt at Namsan. It simply cost too much for such a little spread. Four kinds of sashimi and sushi including octopus. Granted, the sashimi was freshly cut infront of your eyes but I prefer the selection of a place like Bono Bono (mid range) or the Four Seasons at the W Hotel. The cooked items were also quite limited. No Chinese or noodles, soup or teppanaki sidebar either. Maybe this place cut back it's choices orni came to the wrong Hyatt buffet.
Yaya

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Ambassador Seoul (formerly Sofitel) has a happy hour Monday through Saturday. It's 19,800 won per person for all you can drink draft beer and house wine plus a light buffet of three entrees. It runs from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and a Philippine cover band starts playing at 8 p.m.
jlee83

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone try Makino Chaya in Gangnam, off exit #1?
lisa_03

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Shabu Shabu Buffet Reply with quote

There's a pretty decent shabu shabu/buffet restaurant near Mullae station on Line 2. It's called the Dolphin Seafood Buffet or 돌고래해물부페. It's great cuz it's only 16,900 won during the week, and 18,900 won on the weekends for unlimited beef, seafood, and other shabu shabu delights, as well as a buffet with other foods --- check out this blog for pictures (it's in Korean, but you'll get the point): http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=min19901&logNo=140117610583
There's a map at the bottom of that webpage, but to get there, go out exit 4 at Mullae station and turn right 180 degrees immediately out of the exit. Walk straight for about 5 mins or so, and after passing 2 small-ish intersections, you'll see a big department store-type building with signs for "LOOX" and "SeaLaLa" on the front. Go in the main front door, walk to the back right corner of the building, and take the elevator to the 3F. Go out the big doors and walk to the left. It's one of my faves!
SMOE NSET

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'Maris!

http://www.dmaris.co.kr/

They're in Bucheon, Bundang, and Gangdong. A bit pricey but well worth it! (23,000W for weekday lunch up to 33,000W for dinner) I have never seen such a large spread though. They had everything there from full sized crabs, steak, lamb, fresh sashimi, spaghetti made to order, Chinese, Thai, breads, desserts, various types of fresh juice, etc. The beef tenderloin was amazing!
dairyairy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Shabu Shabu Buffet Reply with quote

lisa_03 wrote:
There's a pretty decent shabu shabu/buffet restaurant near Mullae station on Line 2. It's called the Dolphin Seafood Buffet or 돌고래해물부페. It's great cuz it's only 16,900 won during the week, and 18,900 won on the weekends for unlimited beef, seafood, and other shabu shabu delights, as well as a buffet with other foods --- check out this blog for pictures (it's in Korean, but you'll get the point): http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=min19901&logNo=140117610583
There's a map at the bottom of that webpage, but to get there, go out exit 4 at Mullae station and turn right 180 degrees immediately out of the exit. Walk straight for about 5 mins or so, and after passing 2 small-ish intersections, you'll see a big department store-type building with signs for "LOOX" and "SeaLaLa" on the front. Go in the main front door, walk to the back right corner of the building, and take the elevator to the 3F. Go out the big doors and walk to the left. It's one of my faves!

Is this still open? It looks great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: