Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question regarding the E-2 Visa
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carla

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clo wrote:
I've been told that as a first time teacher in Korea I'll need to have an interview in my home country for my E2 visa??
But I've also been told that as long as I have my my doc's, I can go to Japan??

Which one is true??? I'm leaving for Korea next week and will do a job hunt when I'm out there and would really rather not have to come home for an interview?? Wink

When they say "home country," basically what they are saying is "any country outside of korea that has a korean embassy." Thus creating what is loving called the "visa runs."
geologydude

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Official Copy/Apostille Question Reply with quote

Hey folks,
I'm not sure where this question is most appropriate so I put it in two spots, so here goes:

Is it true that to get the piece of paper my background check is on notarized i would have to have a notary come to the police station with me?

What was suggested to me (and what i have done) is to go to a bank where they make an Offical Copy, which is notarized, and that can be apostilled.

My concern is that immigration office will have a problem. Have I overlooked some obvious solution to this problem or is this standard?
Thanks!
oldtactics

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you did was correct - the notary makes a copy and notarizes that it is an authentic copy of the original. Bring both with you when you go to immigration.
geologydude

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Sweet, thanks.
mtnbk13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Drug Tests Reply with quote

[quote="ttompatz"]
Can_AmCouple wrote:
The drug tests do NOT include testing for cannabinoids (Marijuana use).

Any body able to confirm or deny this? The link provided for the press release doesn't work and I can't find specifics on www.hikorea.go.kr website.

More specifically, are they doing standard Urinalysis for testing or do they use hair or blood samples.

Not that I'm worried or anything...
RobertDormer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Question Regarding Visa Extension Reply with quote

This is my first post, if it's in the wrong place, please excuse my ignorance and correct me.

My first 1 year E2 Visa expires on October 2nd. My boss (hagwon) wants me to stay on for 12 weeks while we search for a couple of new teachers, which in principle is fine with me.

My only concern is that I am looking to go home (October or December depending on whether this extension issues pans out) and then return for the public school/uni intake in February/March.

So this is my question, which again I apologise for if it's naieve, but when I 'extend' does that constitute a new visa, and if so will this complicate my reapplication for next year?

I would be most grateful for any help on this matter?
donaldo80

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: E2 visa age limit in korea Reply with quote

Could anyone tell me if there is an age limit for E2 visa applicants. I am 60.
bocceman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: A favor... Reply with quote

Hi Everybody,

My apologies if this question has already been asked, but so far I haven't seen any information that matches my particular situation.

Am I eligible for an F-4 visa? My story below...

I was born in the US to Korean parents. They had Korean citizenship at the time and have never changed to US citizenship. My family never put me on the Hojuk. I have had US citizenship all my life. I never went through any formal process to renounce Korean citizenship.

And lastly, it's a long story but not 100% sure if my parents have a greencard. Just putting this out there since I'm not sure if it matters or not in my situation.

Thanks in advance to everyone.
Wilmega

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been about 4 weeks (March 4) since my recruiter said they sent my documents to my school - I still haven't got my Visa Issuance number yet.

They said i was suppose to get it last Monday - but heard nothing from them. I was told on Wednesday I would be getting it within a week.

Does it usually take this long? Im stuck in limbo right now.
elizabethbennet88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Language of degree copy Reply with quote

Hi, I have a question regarding the documents for the E2 visa.

My BA Degree in English Literature is printed in a language other than English. It's pretty ridiculous, yes. Anyway, will it be a problem for obtaining my visa?
ttompatz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Language of degree copy Reply with quote

elizabethbennet88 wrote:
Hi, I have a question regarding the documents for the E2 visa.

My BA Degree in English Literature is printed in a language other than English. It's pretty ridiculous, yes. Anyway, will it be a problem for obtaining my visa?

a) Was it conferred by an accredited university in the USA, Canada, UK, IRE, AUS, NZ or S.Africa?

b) Is the language Latin?

If the answer to <a> is yes then no problem.
If the answer to <b> was yes then probably no problem.

If the answer to <a> or <b> was "no" then yes, you will have problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: