Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vacation- Fukuoka, Shanghai or Vladivostok?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starperson wrote:
ha ha

nah, if korean people are mismatched, it is completely a result of their very bad taste in conservative clothes (or on a more serious note, a lack of funds).
But in Funky Fukuoka, they are like some expensive sixties/seventies/disco/aerobics/eighties/high-heels on bicycles...thing.

i love it. when i go there i want to wear mismatching clothes and ride a bike around with stilettos.

but then i'd be one of those people who've turned japanese.

Definetely not the Busan people then. They like to have clashing green checkered tops and clashing brown checkered pants. There is also a clashing yellow color to change it up once in awhile.

Sometimes up in Seoul I wonder if thats still fashionable for any man over 40 down there. Occassionally I spot them up here.. and on a recent trip about half way down the Peninsula I saw they became more prevalent still today.

The sad thing is the Fukuokans in Japan might pick it up as being kind of cool in that hip trendy kind of way.. and if that happens.. we'll be seeing Japanese buyers flooding the Busan markets.. and before you know it the stuff will be on Ko Sahn Road..
buddy bradley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the girls in Fukuoka wearing boots and mini-skirts riding bicycles...oh God...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
panthermodern

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice is to contact Cathay Pacific and ask about their super city tour packages for Hong Kong.

I went (with my gf) to HK in the late summer for less than 400 000 won (each) for 2 nights at a 5 star hotel (Harbor View Ren.) this included round trip airfare and buffet breakfast which is all you can eat.

For the base packages you can add days ...

which is cheaper then actually booking a room at regular rates.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/kr/offers/local/0,,51210-90849,00.html

I actually dealt with Wendy as she saved us 300 000 won by suggesting we leave and return a day later to avoid peek season rates.

We ended up paying about 700 000 won each for 6 nights including airfare. We had a harborview room and were right in Wanchai.

If you want a good location that is cheaper look at the Holiday Inn in Kowloon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy bradley wrote:
I love the girls in Fukuoka wearing boots and mini-skirts riding bicycles...oh God...

very nice.. China is good for that too.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just because wrote:
I'll give a list of good Japanese cities for you.
Tokyo - obviously
Osaka- same as above
Fukuoka - as discussed
Sapporo - great city that while freezing in winter is brilliant in summer and comparable to Fukuoka where there is a cool Japanese population and a brill downtown. plus the Sapporo beer factory is there. i've been there 8 times because my ex was from there and love the joint. If it wasn't for here I would move there if I went to japan.
Nagano - if you love winter sports(home of the 98 olympics) it is a great town. Really clean and smallish but great fun and because they had the olympics there a little more modern and stylish than you would expect.

Avoid - basically all the same reason, middle of the road and nothing special. You could live there and it would be OK but think of Daegu, daejeon or Gwangju, not too bad but really would you pick there.
Kobe
Niigata
Kagoshima
Nagoya
Yokohama
Sendai
All these have a lot of jobs but are nothing special.

Is Niigata a 'to avoid' city? It's kinda close to Nagano and would have beaches plus the skiing, etc.

I've been applying to jobs througout Japan just for the heck of it, and one of the cities was Niigata.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: