Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cheapest way to Tokyo from Seoul
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.B. Clamence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: tokyo Reply with quote

marktoronto wrote:
I should have known. I have to stop posting anything on this website. Most of the replies are either wise ass comments or don't even come close to answering my questions
Itaweonguy, where have you seen a flight to Tokyo for 290,000 won?? I'm flying there in January. Try 450,000.

I just did a quick search on Expedia. United Airlines flies one-way from Seoul to Tokyo for $234 US, which is about $300 Canadian. 450,000 Won sounds like a round-trip fare.

Quote:
Also have you looked into flying into Osaka and taking the train to Tokyo? Or flying into any other less popular place and taking a train/bus?

I doubt that would be cheaper. The train from Osaka to Tokyo costs about $120 US, plus about $20 for the train from Kansai airport to Osaka station.

I don't know what's up with the harsh attitude, so let me try to end this thing: The answer to your question is "no". Spending two days on trains and ferries is about $50 (Canadian) cheaper than taking a 1 hour flight. I think some of us were just trying to help you out by pointing out that: A) That extra $50 will save you a lot of time and grief, and B) You are going to one of the most expensive cities on the planet, so all of this extra effort to save a few bucks seems a bit redundant. But if you insist on disregarding our attempts to help you and want to be a wise-ass, then fine. Get on your train and your ferries. Happy trails.
Hotuk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Tourexpress (www.tourexpress.co.kr). It's all in Korean, but if your Hangul is up to snuff and you have a Korean friend with a joomin number, it's the way to go.

You didn't mention dates, but I noticed Marty and Ratslash's, and checked Dec 27 to Jan 3rd -
Seats available on Asiana for 357,000 return.

The site can do 300,000w return or less sometimes, but no seats are available at that price for those dates.

The prices on Expedia or other foreign sites for Korea-based travel are often 50-100 percent higher.

*edit* My apologies, you did sort of mention dates - "going in January" - I put in random January dates (8th to 17th) and got 310,000w on Northwest, return, with seats available.

Quote:
Most of the replies are either wise ass comments or don't even come close to answering my questions
Itaweonguy, where have you seen a flight to Tokyo for 290,000 won?? I'm flying there in January. Try 450,000.

No, try 310,000w.

Really, poor atttitude to show towards people who are trying to help. The way message boards work is people here don't HAVE to help you. When we do, we do it out of the goodness of our hearts. It's extremely bad form to crap on us like employees who haven't served you to your standards.
marktoronto

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: tokyo Reply with quote

I agree, I was a bit harsh. I'm just taking my frustrations out on those I don't know instead of those I do know. However, my remarks were only directed to those who need to throw their 2 cents into every discussion even though they don't have any answers or don't wish to share them. If I offended anyone I opologize and thank you for your help.
Swiss James

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it's almost like some people just want to get their post count up.
bibimbap

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm flying into Tokyo for Chinese New Year and I was quoted 650!!!

what travel agent are you dealing with? any help would be appreciated.

i was just in osaka and it wasn't nearly as expensive as everyone warned me it would be. i know tokyo will be more expensive, but there are plenty of cheap food options if you look. sounds like we're all acclimatised (read: spoiled) to korean prices, which are ridiculously low compared to the rest of the world.

cheers.
itaewonguy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: tokyo Reply with quote

marktoronto wrote:
I should have known. I have to stop posting anything on this website. Most of the replies are either wise ass comments or don't even come close to answering my questions

Mark: well ok peek season.. 450.000 is still high I think...
try the flight agents man..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: