Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

visa fee for vietnam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyflyer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: visa fee for vietnam Reply with quote

planning to go there in Jan. If we apply for the visa in the US its $65/person. Is it any different here?

thanks
prairieboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My visa cost for my Vietnam trip was 40,000 won back in July. It was handled by the travel agent.
Butterfly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vietnam Embassy is in Sanchon dong near Kyong-bok palace. About 35,000 won for a visa. You get a cool sticker in your passport.
matesol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Be prepared Reply with quote

I just though I'd mention it. I've been to Vietnam three times. The customs people there are the rudest people I have EVER seen. I though I would be nice and smile. I won't make that mistake again. They literally rip your passport out of your hands, i.e. grab, snatch violently. They use some florescenty like thingamegig to make sure it isn't fake. Stamp the entry visa violently as can be in your book and they literally (I am not making this up) THROW it back at you. This happened to me every time I went there excpet fot the last time when I made a point of getting in the line where there was a femal customs officer. Considering the average salary there is $20 US a month, you think they would be friendlier when foreigners come with cash. Apparenty, part of the reason they are such jerks (I met a guy down there who teaches English and lives full time there) is that they used to harass the daylights out ov Vietnamese-American foreigners who would visit. They know they were Vietnamese-American by their names. So, it became customary to put $100 bills in your passport before going through customs. After the Asian crisis, they were forced to put a stop to that, so most of the customs officers there are rather disgruntled. I went there because there was a distance MA TESOL program given there. I'll not be spending anymore money in that country again, now that I'm finished.
Alkiwi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long did it take for the Seoul Embassy to process the visa. I need to be getting one soon so would appreciate it if anyone can fill me in about the time it took.
erlyn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I went, it took an hour. I went in, filled out a form, and handed it in with my passport. They told me to have a seat outside, and they had it back within the hour. Only one thing, though - they take two hours for lunch - the consulate is closed from noon until 2, so I'd go early, if I were you.

I didn't have any problems going through immigration in Hanoi. They were a pretty sober bunch, but it was hardly the situation the above poster described. Remember to keep that little slip of paper they give you as you enter the country. You need that to leave, or you have to pay a fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: