Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legally ok in one place but not in the other (marriage)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zackback

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Legally ok in one place but not in the other (marriage) Reply with quote

Ok listen up. I think I found "the one" as in the only one.
We want to tie the knot but I am getting concerned about something.
She is of legal age to marry in the country she is from and where we plan on getting married but the country where I plan on teaching next she is not of legal age (for consent or marriage).
Would this pose a problem or would they say that since we are legally married then everything is cool?
Dodge7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is she, 14?
actionjackson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge7 wrote:
what is she, 14?

Because I have absolutely nothing to do today, and based on previous information he's given (and using this), I'm guessing she's an 18 or 19 year old from the Philippines who he plans on taking to either China or Papua New Guinea.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Legally ok in one place but not in the other (marriage) Reply with quote

Zackback wrote:
Ok listen up. I think I found "the one" as in the only one.
We want to tie the knot but I am getting concerned about something.
She is of legal age to marry in the country she is from and where we plan on getting married but the country where I plan on teaching next she is not of legal age (for consent or marriage).
Would this pose a problem or would they say that since we are legally married then everything is cool?

If you legally marry someone who has "reached of the age of majority in" and has been "legally married in" the country they are a "citizen/resident of" then the marriage is legal everywhere.

KEY words there are "AGE OF MAJORITY".

modernseoul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Legally ok in one place but not in the other (marriage) Reply with quote

Zackback wrote:
The country where I plan on teaching next she is not of legal age (for consent or marriage).

This implies that she is under 18, and you're going either to a West Coast state in the US or the Philippines (maybe). It would help if you at least stated which country you're planning on going to, but I not sure if anyone here could help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: