Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recruiters for Public Schools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Botasky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Recruiters for Public Schools Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I'm preparing to send off my applications to the Chungnam Office of Education and the Gyeongsangnamdo Office of Education. I'm in contact with a number of recruiters. Should I just pick one recruiter per province to avoid double submission of my application?

Also, does anyone have any insight into living and working in these areas?

Thanks
maximmm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go either with Footprints or Korea Connections -

Koreaconnections and Footprints are the only authorized recruiting agencies selected by CNOE - or so I've been informed.

You may still get a job there with another recruiting agency, but it seems more likely that you'll be treated more professionally by either one of these two agencies, and they can expedite your application process.

Good luck.
Botasky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. They are actually the two I'm dealing with for the CNOE. Good experience with both so far. I should just pick one though, right?

Can I still apply to other provinces without affecting my CNOE application? On the application form it asks are you applying for other provinces. Does it affect your application negatively if you say yes?
maximmm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Botasky wrote:
Thanks. They are actually the two I'm dealing with for the CNOE. Good experience with both so far. I should just pick one though, right?

Can I still apply to other provinces without affecting my CNOE application? On the application form it asks are you applying for other provinces. Does it affect your application negatively if you say yes?

Yep, pick one. Applying with two recruiters for the same position would confuse things and most likely cause your application to be thrown out.

You can still apply to other provinces. You should say so in your application, it doesn't really have a negative influence on your application. I'm not even sure why this question is asked - most people tend to apply to more than one organization (EPIK/GEPIK/other programs)
Botasky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great, cheers. Been stressing over it this week.
ippy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hijacking appropriate thread title to save making my own one.

Looking for a September start in Gangwon Do, somewhere around Wonju (since its close to the ski resorts and thats pretty much what makes me happy outside teaching).

Which recruiters cover public school up there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: