Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Citibank Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ralph

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Citibank Questions Reply with quote

if I put my money into Citibank would I be able to withdraw cash from citibank atms outside of Korea? I would like to have this option rather than having to buy travelers cheques when going on vacation. Also, with the instability of this region I was thinking about putting all my cash into an American dollar account. And if that nut Anda is right, and war happens here, would I be insured by Citibank, and would I be able to recover my cash after getting out?
DF10

Location: Ecuador...until April 1...then back to the Soul of Seoul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: citibank Reply with quote

I dont know about all that. But I do know that I have citibank in the US and they told me that the Sk citibank is legally a different company and that I would have to open a separate citibank in SK in order to deposit. I hear it is easier to international transfer within the same bank(ie citibank), but havent tried it yet. You would have access to your $ through atms in other countries, but I imagine that that would be true of most SK banks.

Oh, and other than Myong-dong, where are the citis? I am in Nowon-gu.
canukteacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Won account and an American dollar account at Citibank. If you check their website it says that residents (NOT just Citizens) can have an international account. I printed this page, and took it into them on 3 different occassions just to double check that my Won account (cannot do it with the US account) was set up for international access. On all three occassions I was told YES. Well, don't believe everything they tell you. I tried my Citibank card in every ATM I could find in Thialand (including Bangkok) and it WOULD NOT work. I have not been back to Citibank since returning from Thialand, so I have no idea what story they will give me when I do go in. Just be careful, and make sure you have a back up source for money. I have a Kookmin account which does allow international access (it worked in Canada), and I have a Korean Mastercard which I have used in both Thailand and Canada.

Hope this helps!

CT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: