Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOMEBREW SHOP IN SEOUL?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mack the knife

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: HOMEBREW SHOP IN SEOUL? Reply with quote

4 years ago there was a hombrew shop in haebonchong "blue beer lab" owned by the guy who later opened "free crocodiles" in shinchon. free crocs is still around but the phone number for blue beer is no longer active. is that place still around?

any other homebrewers here in seoul?

Gombae!
Magog

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I used to do a few beer home brews in the big crate bottles. But with all the cleaning, storage, experimenting etc found it easier to go to the bottle store.
simulated stereo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago my friends and I all pooled our cash together and bought most of that guy's stock. He was going out of business at the time. But he may have opened up a new shop since then. Like I said this was a while back so who knows.
here it is

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blue beer lab definitely went out of business. My last shipment from them, maybe spring of 99, included cans of malt with exp dates of 97. It's a shame, b/c though a bit limited in selection and high in price, he was in country. I've homebrewed about 50 batches in Korea with various partners, currently getting my supplies one of 2 ways. Optimally, whenever anyone I know and can impose on is coming to Korea, or coming back to Korea, I place an order on line, get it shipped to them (free continental US shipping from morebeer.com) and have them shlep it back. Otherwise, I have morebeer.com put it on a ship...shipping charges high, but what are you gonna do? Been culturing yeast for a few years, but recently all went "off", so having a few white labs cultures air mailed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: