Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Churches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buddy bradley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aah, great thread, it's always good to be able to suss out my enemies, the xtians...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keepongoing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: why? Reply with quote

Why are Christians your enemy?
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look at his avatar.... Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OiGirl wrote:
Are the Anglican congregations in Korea of the open and accepting type? Where can one find an Anglican/Episcopal congregation outside of Seoul?

That sounds like a loaded question. There is a church near the British Embassy. They have an English service.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OiGirl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kangnamdragon wrote:
OiGirl wrote:
Are the Anglican congregations in Korea of the open and accepting type? Where can one find an Anglican/Episcopal congregation outside of Seoul?

That sounds like a loaded question. There is a church near the British Embassy. They have an English service.

Does this church fall within the Episcopal movement which has an openly gay bishop and holds committment ceremonies for same-sex couples?

I didn't think you all needed it spelled out...
SuperHero

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to find a map to Sarang Church on thier web site but it's not their. I guess they are not exactly looking for new people.

I need driving instructions not a subway map.
OiGirl

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this line
Quote:
The Catholic Church, and the Anglican Church are also, however, both experiencing steady growth in South Korea, with three Anglican Dioceses - Seoul, Taejon, and Pusan.

in this article The Christian Church in Korea

I know where the church is in Seoul, anyone have any details about the Taejon and Pusan dioceses?
JonathanTennant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: The Church in Seoul - Yongsan - Itaewon Reply with quote

My wife and I enjoy the Church in Seoul - The church is located near Itaewon Station. Christ is the centre of all fellowship, and the Love of Christ expressed and supplied to all. During the week we enjoy taking Christ in through enjoying His word together. On the Lord's day (Sunday) at 10:30am we enjoy remembering all He has attained an obtained in partaking of His table. We also enjoy His word and singing hymns and spiritual songs together.

For those speaking languages other than English there are a number of Korean and Chinese believers who are able to translate and fellowship with you.

If you would like to get directions or information please call or sms me on 010 6744 0184. We have a great time, hope if you are able to you can join us.

http://www.churchinseoul.net/
http://www.livinggod.info/

Jonathan

Last edited by JonathanTennant on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
the saint

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperHero wrote:
I tried to find a map to Sarang Church on thier web site but it's not their. I guess they are not exactly looking for new people.

I would seriously caution you against driving to Sarang Church if you can help it. Parking is a total nightmare. AFAIK they have English services on Sundays at 10, 12 and 2 (at least they did a year ago). The first one is more formal but the sermon is the same at all three.

To get there, go to Kyobo Sageori bus stop on Gangnam Daero or to Gangnam subway stop. Walk along the Daero until you're across the road directly opposite the brand new five or six storey cinema they've just built/are building and then head away from the main road into the maze of alleys. The church is about two or three blocks behind the main road next to an apartment complex (also new) called Lotte Castle. If you're heading for one of the services the masses will be going there too. To find the English service, you need to walk through the main church complex to the far side and then up to almost the top floor of a building at the back. At this point, you'd be better off asking someone for help than dredging my sketchy memory.
heydelores

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Daerim Methodist Church near Guro Digital Complex Station has an English worship service at 2:30 PM on Sundays. PM me if you want directions or more information.
kkrumrei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: looking for a church in yongin Reply with quote

my wife and i live in a sleepy little town called yangji, just south of seoul. i just started teaching at a middle school. yangji is in yongin county, about a half hour bus ride east of yongin city.

we are tentatively looking for a church with an english service. anyone know of one near or around yongin-si? i've heard there's at least one in suwon, but that's a bit far.

thanks,
Kevin
OiGirl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the saint wrote:
SuperHero wrote:

I would seriously caution you against driving to Sarang Church if you can help it. Parking is a total nightmare. AFAIK they have English services on Sundays at 10, 12 and 2 (at least they did a year ago). The first one is more formal but the sermon is the same at all three.

I have a BIG problem with churches that do not have enough parking for their membership and expect/encourage their members to park illegally. It nakes Christians look really bad. As if Korean Christians didn't look bad enough already... Rolling Eyes
the saint

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OiGirl wrote:
the saint wrote:
SuperHero wrote:

I have a BIG problem with churches that do not have enough parking for their membership and expect/encourage their members to park illegally. It nakes Christians look really bad. As if Korean Christians didn't look bad enough already... Rolling Eyes

are you a Christian yourself? I guess not from your comment about Korean CHristians. I can clarify absolutely that Sarang Kyohei does NOT encourage its members to park illegally.
OiGirl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the saint wrote:
OiGirl wrote:
the saint wrote:
SuperHero wrote:

are you a Christian yourself? I guess not from your comment about Korean CHristians. I can clarify absolutely that Sarang Kyohei does NOT encourage its members to park illegally.

I'm glad to hear that. I wish churches near my home followed the same practice. I don't drive to church because there's no way I'd be able to leave when my duties are done.
jos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about churches down South. In Busan, Masan, Daegu??? Any recommendations?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: