Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Churches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonathanTennant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Living God - English Speaking Church Reply with quote

If any Christian English teachers are in and around the Itaewon area and wanting to enjoy fellowship amoung English speaking saints, I can well recommend "The Church In Seoul". I really am enjoying the fullness of the gospel there and the light and life that flows from fellowship with Chist and His body.

For more information you can go to the "Living God" website.
http://www.livinggod.info
On this web page I put a map. The Church is accross the road from the Macdonnalds between Itaewon and Noksapyeong subway train stations.
On my webpage I have also put my contact details on this page if you would like to call me to get in touch before going along.

Grace and peace,

Jonathan
andrew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by andrew on Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
nobbyken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarang church's English Services (NHM, New Harvest Ministry) now meets in a new building.

It is the U & I (유앤아이?) near to the GS fuel station at the end of the road that the main church is on. NHM meets on floor B2.
Car parking:
When you register your name with the church you get a welcoming pack (on the Korean side at least) which has a small sticker for your car window. They have 400 parking marshalls on rota, and they look for the wee sticker.
They use several of the schools in the area, for parking on a Sunday with shuttle buses for schools not within easy walking distance.

Allianz car parking is near the Y shape fork in the main church street, and is only 3,ooo for 2 hours on Sunday for Church goers. Saves hassle, especially if you are lastminutedotcom like us. Also this is right next to the new U & I building.

The Faith Building shown at the top middle of the map, is the U & I (유앤아이?) near the gas station.

Last edited by nobbyken on Wed May 07, 2008 9:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
OiGirl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobbyken wrote:
When you register your name with the church you get a welcoming pack (on the Korean side at least) which has a small sticker for your car window. They have 400 parking marshalls on rota, and they look for the wee sticker.
They use several of the schools in the area, for parking on a Sunday with shuttle buses for schools not within easy walking distance.

Allianz car parking is near the Y shape fork in the main church street, and is only 3,ooo for 2 hours on Sunday for Church goers. Saves hassle, especially if you are lastminutedotcom like us. Also this is right next to the new U & I building.

That is so cool! I'm going to look at cars this week, but I doubt my church has anything like this in place. I'm still going by bus or taxi every week...
JustJohn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me if this has been answered before, but does anyone know of churches offering English services located north of Seoul? I am hoping to find something between Uijeongbu and Dongducheon, preferably Protestant, maybe something like the e-free church.
RobbJK9

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for the ideal church:

--Offers volunteer work with the marginalized (feed the poor, clothe the naked kinda thing)

--Strong English speaking community

--Focused on prayer, discussion, action, openness, and accountability.

--Foreign disaster or relief work this summer.

--In South Seoul.

If no one can help, I'll stick to listening to Mars Hill podcasts.
ntwrightsmom

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reformed Reply with quote

Is anyone else out there Reformed? Does anyone know of a Reformed church in Seoul with English services? There are many Presbyterian churches in Seoul, but the churches I have visited are either liberal, or mega-churches with no theology, or charismatic.
MaestroCantus

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll be living with a Christian family on the yellow Bundang subway line, and quite possibly might end up going to church with them once I move in . . . but I'd like to have alternatives if their church isn't the kind of church I need (or they go to a mostly-Korean-speaking church).

What I'm looking for:

- Biblically-based, but not hyperspiritual (i.e. regluar, or expected, speaking in tongues) or anti-spiritual (i.e. against the belief that people 'may' occasionally have visions or prophecies, etc.) . . . sorry for my terminology, I don't mean to offend anyone . . . I've been to so many different churches!

- I prefer using NIV, or NASB . . . I find KJV a bit hard to follow and utilize its meaning.

- A sizeable English congregation (preferably with the sermon in English rather than translated into English) . . . by sizeable, I mean that there would be regular attendees with whom to have fellowship.

- I'd prefer a primarily English church, just in case I feel like getting involved with any church activites . . . I don't want language to hinder me from attending Bible studies, attending any social events or doing service with a church group.

- Somewhere not too difficult to access by public transportation (I really won't know about Seoul's subways and buses until I get there in June).

If you can suggest any Church that may fall into these things I'm hoping for in a church, please let me know by posting or PM.
indramayu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Sunday morning English worship services Reply with quote

I'm gonna church-hop among the following until I find one I like. I prefer a church in the south of Seoul (light blue line (4) in south or southern green line (2) and a Bible Study after the service to kinda bring home and personalize the worship experience during the service. Which of these does this?

Sarang Church (Kangnam stn.)
Cornerstone community church (Kangnam stn.)
Lutheran Church
MaestroCantus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunday morning English worship services Reply with quote

indramayu wrote:
I'm gonna church-hop among the following until I find one I like. I prefer a church in the south of Seoul (light blue line (4) in south or southern green line (2) and a Bible Study after the service to kinda bring home and personalize the worship experience during the service. Which of these does this?

Sarang Church (Kangnam stn.)
Cornerstone community church (Kangnam stn.)
Lutheran Church

If you want to know about the English churches, they have a joint prayer meeting on the 3rd Saturday of each month. [One of the websites might advertise the location/time closer to the date . . . there are a few other churches, like "Burning Lamp", etc., but I'm not too familiar with them].

Here are the webpages of a few I know:

(2 Locations: Sillim - line no. 2, and Itaewon):
http://newphiladelphiachurch.com/home/

(Used to be at Gangnam, but recently moved to Sinsa - line no. 3):
http://www.jubileeseoul.com/

(I'm not quite sure where their campuses are, but I think one's at Dogok, line no. 3 & Bundang line):
http://www.onnurienglish.com/

If you want to know a bit more about their focus or theology, check their website, or you could ask me . . . I've been going to New Philly Itaewon and Jubilee church.
Harpeau

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The International Lutheran Church is a warm English-speaking community of people. It's located close to Hangangjin Station. They have English Services at 10 AM Sunday morning (Summertime.) The membership is very diverse and it's a fairly easy-going mellow place where people are accepted hwere they're at, IMHO.

http://www.ilcseoul.net/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
OiGirl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpeau wrote:
The International Lutheran Church is a warm English-speaking community of people. It's located close to Hangangjin Station. They have English Services at 10 AM Sunday morning (Summertime.) The membership is very diverse and it's a fairly easy-going mellow place where people are accepted hwere they're at, IMHO.

http://www.ilcseoul.net/

I love this church. One of my top church experiences ever.
GoldSoundz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If no one can help, I'll stick to listening to Mars Hill podcasts.

Dude, Mars Hill podcasts keep you goin' in the absence of decent English sermons. Or SermonAudio's archive. Or sermon jams on YouTube.

Is anyone else out there Reformed? Does anyone know of a Reformed church in Seoul with English services? There are many Presbyterian churches in Seoul, but the churches I have visited are either liberal, or mega-churches with no theology, or charismatic.

There is a Reformed church with an English service in Pohang. It's called the Joyful Church or Gibbum Church. The pastor is an Ivy League lawyer. Very reformed. The American staff there know their stuff. One guy was a consultant for Josh McDowell. Services are at 2PM, on the off-chance you happen to be in Pohang.

I would like to find an RP church in Daejeon or Seoul.
redone336

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: PaiKwang Reply with quote

Anyone in the Mok-Dong area
PaiKwang Methodist is a great church. The Korean Congregation is open and friendly and the English Ministry is small very open. The English ministry is currently headed by the Senior pastor's son who studied and lived in the US for over 10 years. They are a wonderful family.
The worship service (which is actually mostly bilingual) begins at 1:30pm. If you just can't get enough of the cute Korean kiddos, they also have an English sunday school at 10:30. I have been attending this service since I came to Korea last Sept and am very sad to be leaving them next month when i go home. Sad
Come visit and worship with us! Doctrine is sound and fellowship is sweet!
stellarsky627

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread is a bit old, but I wonder if anyone can recommend any non-denominational Christian churches in Daegu??? English speaking of course. Seoul is just too far to travel every Sunday! Thanks for any help you can give! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: