Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discussions about legal issues regarding visas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bt.petersen83



Joined: 17 Mar 2008

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Diploma copy Reply with quote

Hey I am currently in Korea and have to have to bring a copy of my diploma to immigration in order to get my new visa for March 2012.

Is there anywhere in Korea that will authenticate the copy of the diploma as well as the FBI CRC?

THanks for the help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
88Sparky



Joined: 02 Oct 2011

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bt.petersen83, you might be able to get your diploma notarized at the U.S. Embassy in Seoul. If the American Embassy can't do that for you, then you may have to give someone P.O.A back home in the U.S. Once you establish POA, then your person who you gave POA would have to get a copy of your diploma notarized. Once he/she has gotten that copy of notarized, then your POA person can get it apostilled by home state's Secretary of State's office. If you have an original copy of your diploma with you, then that certainly doesn't hurt. If you have an apostilled copy of your diploma, then that works too. My understanding is Immigration wants a apostilled copy of your college diploma.

As for your your FBI Record Check, you would have to send the paperwork to the FBI Biometrics Division in West Virgina. There is no other way around it, and you must have it apostilled by the U.S. State Department back in Washington D.C. I've called the FBI Biometrics Division and your nearest Korean Police station can help you with your fingerprint card.

I hope this helps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CarlWinslow



Joined: 12 Jan 2012

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a query, regarding this thread:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=215977


I am a UK national and have submitted my apostilled UK degree and apostilled UK CRC to my employer who are currently processing it with Korean immigration to obtain the visa issuance number.

Now, I have never had an E-2 or been to Korea before. I have been teaching on and off for the past 3 years in China.

Am I screwed in a sense that I would also need to show a China CRC (which I doubt would be feasible for me to obtain now that Im back in UK) for the E-2 visa to be issued??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aznhybrid



Joined: 18 Jan 2012

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried reading up a bit online but I'm not that savvy when it comes to legal jargon (most of it just goes over my head).

I basically would like to know in what situations would the Korean government rescind either an E-2 or F-4 visa once you already received it. ex. broke the law, heath diagnosis, etc.

(I am trying to work in korea and in the process of getting my F-4 visa as I would rather have that over an E-2)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saram_



Joined: 13 May 2008

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickGHBusan wrote:
No, an E2 you cannot teach ANY private lessons legally. You cannot get permission to teach them either.

On an E2 visa the only thing you can do legally is ask your employer for permission to work at a second school or location (company for example) This is then registered with immigration and added to your visa. The income will be taxed. There are rules about a second job, the main points being it cannot (not 100% sure here) earn you more than your primary job.


Cool info- was asked today by my kindergarten about getting legal permission!
What is needed exactly.. I work in an afterschool program and I don't see a problem with them issuing me permission!
Is there a specific document etc that needs to be filled in n signed or something?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PatrickGHBusan



Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Location: Busan (1997-2008) Canada 2008 -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saram_ wrote:
PatrickGHBusan wrote:
No, an E2 you cannot teach ANY private lessons legally. You cannot get permission to teach them either.

On an E2 visa the only thing you can do legally is ask your employer for permission to work at a second school or location (company for example) This is then registered with immigration and added to your visa. The income will be taxed. There are rules about a second job, the main points being it cannot (not 100% sure here) earn you more than your primary job.


Cool info- was asked today by my kindergarten about getting legal permission!
What is needed exactly.. I work in an afterschool program and I don't see a problem with them issuing me permission!
Is there a specific document etc that needs to be filled in n signed or something?


Contact the kimmi office near you and you can figure all this out. From what I know (however ttom knows this better) simple forms need to be filled out with kimmi in order to register the second work location. As long as that location meets the criteria for a second job its not a problem. The income will be taxed.

Call kimmi and get this cleared up. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Elbow



Joined: 22 Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: E2 test. Reply with quote

Does anyone know about your ability to demand a second health test?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PatrickGHBusan



Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Location: Busan (1997-2008) Canada 2008 -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: E2 test. Reply with quote

Elbow wrote:
Does anyone know about your ability to demand a second health test?


why?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Elbow



Joined: 22 Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my sample got sent for more testing and I'm worried that something showed up because I had dental surgery a few days before I flew in; I didn't think to mention it though when I was talking to the dr.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neozenha



Joined: 08 Mar 2013

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the marriage to a Korean in order to get a F-2 visa still in place? Is it going to change?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
modernseoul



Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Location: Seoul

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neozenha wrote:
Is the marriage to a Korean in order to get a F-2 visa still in place? Is it going to change?


It's an F6 now not F2, but if you're married to a Korean Citizen and can provide all of the required documents then you can apply for the visa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Neozenha



Joined: 08 Mar 2013

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you can get the F-2 through the point system only now?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alongway



Joined: 02 Jan 2012

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neozenha wrote:
So you can get the F-2 through the point system only now?

F2 and F6 are functionally identical, except for a couple of marriage specific things. They're both resident visas, and you can work the same on both.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tob55



Joined: 29 Apr 2007

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alongway wrote:
Neozenha wrote:
So you can get the F-2 through the point system only now?

F2 and F6 are functionally identical, except for a couple of marriage specific things. They're both resident visas, and you can work the same on both.


I was of the impression that those who were formerly on the F2 (old marriage visa) would be transitioned over (e.g. when the current F2 expires the new F6 visa would be issued) to the F6 (new marriage visa) in order for the F2 to be allowed for single individuals. As far as work related activities, they are the same. As far as the F6 is concerned the spouse continues to be the sponsor for for the visa, unless this changed as well. I know the F5 allows for the holder to be the sponsor.

As for the requirements for each, they are listed in the appropriate section of the HiKorea website as has already been mentioned either in this thread of several others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alongway



Joined: 02 Jan 2012

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tob55 wrote:
alongway wrote:
Neozenha wrote:
So you can get the F-2 through the point system only now?

F2 and F6 are functionally identical, except for a couple of marriage specific things. They're both resident visas, and you can work the same on both.


I was of the impression that those who were formerly on the F2 (old marriage visa) would be transitioned over (e.g. when the current F2 expires the new F6 visa would be issued) to the F6 (new marriage visa) in order for the F2 to be allowed for single individuals. As far as work related activities, they are the same. As far as the F6 is concerned the spouse continues to be the sponsor for for the visa, unless this changed as well. I know the F5 allows for the holder to be the sponsor.

As for the requirements for each, they are listed in the appropriate section of the HiKorea website as has already been mentioned either in this thread of several others.


Well the F2 has many categories. Korean spouse was only. Foreign spouses of F5 visa holders still get an F-2-3 I believe, and your spouse is your sponsor for the F6, but if the spouse dies, disappears, or you divorce with kids, you keep it, and I would presume in those circumstances, they are no longer your sponsor.

With all the categories I don't see the point of moving them to an F6, except for a quick way of differentiating spouses from other residents. They generally don't put sub-categories on ARCs so an F2 points and an F2 spouse would more or less look identical.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
Page 36 of 36

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International