Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dungeons and Dragons: The Quest for Nerds
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rtbarret

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Dungeons and Dragons: The Quest for Nerds Reply with quote

I used to play some AD&D many years ago, but got caught up in the video game thing. For some reason I'm feeling nostalgic and was wondering if there are any other nerds in Korea who play?
Mint

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself and a few others are looking to get a game together starting this month. We are going to be playing in either Anyang, Suwon or Itaewon. Message me for more info.
rtbarret

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't posted 25 messages. Can you PM me first?
kafkaontheshore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for players as I was planning to run a game. That, or I need a game to get in on as a player. The guys who I was supposed to start running for are VERY unreliable and I have yet to get a game going. Same as the above guy I can not PM yet because of the 25 post thing. If you are looking for another player, or even a DM, give me a yell. I have been trying to get involved in a game here for about a year now.
rockyourteeth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: I want to play so bad! Reply with quote

Guys! I live in Suwon, and I've been dying to play D&D! Someone please email me and let me know when/where you plan on playing...

Last edited by rockyourteeth on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
harlowethrombey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a Rifts game going and count me in
Fishead soup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was more into collecting the lead minitures, painting them. and building diorama's. Haven't found a good hobby shop that offers this kind of thing.
Demonicat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suwon folks, interested in a tuesday or Thursday afternoon game? I can play or DM
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Landros

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: we it isn't D&D Reply with quote

but if you are into commanding armies check out http://visual-utopia.com/ in your free time. join my kingdom if you want some tips. our TAG is CRAZY (Insane Asylum)
Goku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played D&D in so long... God I'm rusty, could anyone join? Or does one have to have experience?

I'm literally a novice.

I was more into "adventures" where I'd be at the whim of whoever is GM. You know, you'd go along and make stuff up as you go, but of course would still use a dice, but things would be more fluid and much more sponatneous.

If I remmener, D&D is more straight:

"You take a left, you see a wall. You take a right. You see a giant enemy crab. You hit the giant enemy crab for over 9000 damage. It's super effective."

"The giant enemy crab (Which actually existed in ancient japan) was carrying a bag of gold, 40 jewels, and a sword of a thousand truths"

I'm heavily channeling my nerd chakra at the moment.

PS. Want to buy English Magic cards
<--------------------------
rockyourteeth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Suwon, as I said. I played (v3.5) every week for about 6 months one time. I tried DMing a couple of times, but only with my other DM there to help me out, so I don't think I could really do that. I don't have any of my books here in Korea... but I'd be down to play, and would be down to learn v4 if that's what you guys play.

My best times would be weekends, mondays, wednesdays or fridays in the evenings. Thursdays no, and tuesdays probably not (although tuesdays could be possible if that's the only time anyone else can play).
Otherside

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be down to give it a crack. I played a bit ages ago, so would need a pretty big refresher.

Weeknight evenings would be good for me, from 6pm.

I'm in Suwon.
Rory_Calhoun27

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh.... the good ol' days.... I remember in college arguing over what the best class was..... gotta go with the fighter! "The sword keeps goin' and goin' and goin'!!!" Cool

so when's the game.... goin' out this weekend, but up for something after- I'm in Ansan.
Guri Guy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PS. Want to buy English Magic cards
<--------------------------

I didn't know you played magic. That's cool.

The new set Alara Reborn is quite fun I think.

Anyway, if you live in Seoul, you can buy them at Tic Toc which is near Children's Grand Park. PM me for directions if you want.

Cheers
Insidejohnmalkovich

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any fantasy roleplaying is fun, but my favourite game was Pendragon. Anyways, I live in Pusan, far from most of you it seems.

I tried on-line roleplaying in Dark Age of Camelot, but 99.9% of on-line players are not roleplayers but rather twitch gamers, alas.

Last edited by Insidejohnmalkovich on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: