Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dungeons and Dragons: The Quest for Nerds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bearach

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to DM, or play either. We could rotate with a few one-off sessions rather than start straight into an epic campaign.

I'd suggest next Monday for a meeting, but I've got a few days off so I'll probably go away somewhere. How about the following Monday (May 11th), at Geumjeong station, or somewhere very near?
rockyourteeth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it looks like we're getting somewhere...

Right now, Demonicat, ryunatkorea, Bearach, Otherside, and I could make a game. Sounds like Monday evening at 6:30, beginning on the 11th of May (one week from this monday), at an undecided location very close to Geumjeong station. That's five people (which would be 4 players). I think maybe one more person would be ideal, but we could work with this. If you're one of these people, please email me so we can have an easier method of contact!

bearach and demonicat both have said they'd be willing to DM... do either of you particularly want to?
Bearach

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really depends on the group! I'll make a one-off using 4.0 rules (I've not used them before) and see how that goes.
Do people generally want to have a campaign? It might be better to have a looser system and let players drop in and drop out week to week.
Anyway, I'm pretty flexible, lets get together and hammer out some ideas face to face.
Demonicat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a definite campaign DM. I like long running stories. That said, I like to play as well, so I'm into the switching off idea. I will be running 3.5e though, because I like the better character customization. So, Bearach you want the 11, and I'll take 18?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rockyourteeth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm fine with switching of DMs, but switching out editions? that might get really confusing! Bearach, can you DM with 3.5e rules? That would be so much easier, as I think most of us are already familiar with those (not to mention 3.5e books).

So yeah, Bearach and Demonicat can alternate, and then after the first couple of games we can see about doing longer campaigns. I think the fun of playing is continuing a character and a story through multiple games, as well.
rockyourteeth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS A SIDE NOTE!
I'm probably going to go into Seoul and buy some dice this weekend, since I don't have any with me here in Korea. Does anyone else need any sets? I would be willing to buy one if you're going to play for sure, and you'll pay me back. I think a set is around 7,000 or 8,000 won, depending on if you want basic plastic ones, or fancy looking ones. Let me know... you can also order them online, here!

http://interhobby.co.kr/
(the site's in korean, but just click on 게임액세서리 on the left side)
ryunatkorea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this online shop also in brick&mortar in Seoul? rockyourteeth do you know exactly where it is? I might get the PHB if they are not too over priced. I bought a set of UNO cards for 15k won here once.
rockyourteeth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know exactly where it is, but I'm gonna go with a friend who does. It's somewhere in the general area of Hongik University, I think. What is PHB?
rockyourteeth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you guys puh-leaaaase email me and give me phone numbers or something? Or at least email me so i have your email address...
ryunatkorea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBH = Player's Hand Book

Is it a hobby store? or just some dice store... if there is a such a thing.
rockyourteeth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just look on the side. it's a ton of board games, dice, dnd books (although I couldn't find the actual player's guide).
crossmr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockyourteeth wrote:
AS A SIDE NOTE!
I'm probably going to go into Seoul and buy some dice this weekend, since I don't have any with me here in Korea. Does anyone else need any sets? I would be willing to buy one if you're going to play for sure, and you'll pay me back. I think a set is around 7,000 or 8,000 won, depending on if you want basic plastic ones, or fancy looking ones. Let me know... you can also order them online, here!

http://interhobby.co.kr/
(the site's in korean, but just click on 게임액세서리 on the left side)

Are their D&D books in English or are they just showing the English pictures of the books?
Saxiif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A whole bunch of us D&D players have a list-serve set up at:

[email protected]
http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/section_8_games/

The stupid yahoogroups website is down a lot but there's a whole bunch of games in Seoul that we have running at the moment, mostly at the TicToc gaming shop in eastern Seoul.

If you can't log into the list serv send me a text message with your email address and I'll put you in touch with the GMs.
rockyourteeth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO, RIGHT NOW: We're going to play a game near Geumjeong station beginning on Monday, May 11th. If you want to play, post! or email me!
Bearach

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockyourteeth, I'll take a couple of dice sets please, in extra cool colours!

I'll get something together for the 11th then, v3.5 it is. I'll copy a few PDFs onto flash drives in case people need rulebooks, I know I like to have some handy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: