Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jukjeon Area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whatever

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Jukjeon Area Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me what they think of this area, to live and work in?

Any details you care to share would be most helpful...thanks!
Intrepid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Live vs. work Reply with quote

Live: great if you like the outdoors and if you get right up near the "end" of Jukjeon, the eastern part where it runs into the hills. I live in Hyundai 3-cha and it's fantastic: fairly quiet, good opportunities for running, hiking, mountain biking, etc. I can also get to the Tan stream if I want, for more paved-like biking or walking, but I almost never go there, what with the hiking trails.
Beyond that Jukjeon is OK if you're near Ori station and Seongnamdaero, where you can catch Seoul buses. Still, I can't see moving to the sticks just to be beside a twelve lane road, and they have Shinsegae department stores in Seoul, I've heard...
Work: it's entirely children's hagwons, with the usual names and (I hear) the usual problems. Couldn't hack that sort of thing, myself, so I commute to Seoul.
I would never live anywhere near the Kyungbu expressway, which bisects Jukjeon. The areas around the expwy are hellholes.
whatever

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the candid info.
thefarns

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what you want. It isn't Seoul, but I wouldn't call it "the sticks." I enjoyed my time there.
Chris2007

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, its kind of a snooze in a sterile sort of way. It is near the tancheon river (creek) which can be really nice (when it doesn't stink or when its not too cold). Also, there is an E-mart and Shinsegue department store nearby but...it's still just a boring place to be. I suppose if you make great friends in that area then its worth it. I just got tired of having to go into Seoul to have fun. Its about a 40 minute bus ride. You could do better than Jukjeon - Just my opinion.
trish91198

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a great time in Jukjeon. True, if you wanna go out for a night, you need to hop the bus or subway, but it's a great place to work and live.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: