Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's a good handphone deal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philinkorea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: What's a good handphone deal? Reply with quote

Want to buy a handphone in Korea. What would anyone consider to be a good deal. Having english could help until I learn more Korean. Just saving numbers etc. nothing too flashy but something quite good. Some of the places really try to rip off foreigners I think
crazylemongirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phil the korean phones aren't too bad. Just get someone to help you map out the functions.

I picked up a phone, 2 batteries, a charger and 30k of airtime for 30k. The phone is a bit beat up but for 30k who cares.
osangrl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a new cyon from my bank.... (kookmin) and wow. They are on sale now for 300, 000....i know steep, but listen............. you can check your balance on the phone, you can use your phone as your bank card if you dont have your card with you (it has some sort of scanner/code in it) and you can use the phone as the beep card to get on the subway or bus. Just the most fantastic thing ive ever purchased!!! it also has a cam, a gazillion rings and of course the video cam, you can take up to 3 minute clips and then email them!!

wow! im in love!
wylde

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

osangrl wrote:
I just got a new cyon from my bank.... (kookmin) and wow. They are on sale now for 300, 000....i know steep, but listen............. you can check your balance on the phone, you can use your phone as your bank card if you dont have your card with you (it has some sort of scanner/code in it) and you can use the phone as the beep card to get on the subway or bus. Just the most fantastic thing ive ever purchased!!! it also has a cam, a gazillion rings and of course the video cam, you can take up to 3 minute clips and then email them!!

wow! im in love!

NOW THAT IS A COOOOOOL PHONE!

CYON ROCKS!
Squid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife informs me that if you now pay over 150k for a photophone you're a mug.
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The megapixel phones are over 150k. They are the new generation. Perhaps your wife was referring to the "old-fashioned" 330,000 pixel phones?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

osangrl wrote:

wow! im in love!

What is the model number and phone company? (SK/KTF/LG ?)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ulsanchris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'vce heard cyons are about the worst phones you can get. i used to have a cyon and i am glad to say i have moved on to a better phone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: