Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jinju, any foreigners there??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cilla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Jinju, any foreigners there?? Reply with quote

Hi, just after info on Jinju. What's it like to live there? Many foreigners? How far from Pusan? Is there much to do? Any other info that might be useful?
cheers.
cilla
IconsFanatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bus ride is 2.25 hours, 115 km.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Jinju, any foreigners there?? Reply with quote

cilla wrote:
Hi, just after info on Jinju. What's it like to live there? Many foreigners? How far from Pusan? Is there much to do? Any other info that might be useful?
cheers.
cilla

I was teaching at a summer camp in JinJu. Nice place. The university is good, and there are some bars and such near there. There are more bars and such downtown. There is one well-know coffee shop with latin music, I forget its name, if you see any foreigner, follow them, they are on their way there.

There is a pretty cool fotress downtown. It overlooks the river. The river is interesting as well, plenty of duck-shaped boats for tourists. Its kind of a cool town.

In one area downtown you will see a surprisingly large red-light district. I was with 3 other foreigners, all of them western women by the way. Pretty embarrassing when we randomly walked into that area and couldn't seem to get out. Rows and rows and rows of very skimpily-dressed women in almost nothing. JinJu doesn't give the impression that this would exist though, this stuff is throughout Korea. But just funny we walked into it.

JinJu is a very clean town!! Very immaculate and very nice. I also went to some rather large disco about a mile from the center. They had some Korean boy band dancing on stage and all the girls going nuts. That was interesting.

Just below JinJu you can reach the ocean. The town is called Teongyong. Its kind of tourist, and they call it the 'Naples of Korea'. It is not. In fact I thought it was kind of boring. But people from Seoul and Busan come down to hangout there. Not far from there is Geojido, a famous Korean island.

Its correct Busan is 2.25 hours a way..

I found JinJu a nice relaxing town compared to many other places in Korea.. and there is an expat scene there. Mostly I think they all hangout in this one coffee shop that you'll probably find out about shortly after you arrive, ifyou choose to go there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: