Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Going to Osaka for visa run - what now?!?!?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anthonyg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Going to Osaka for visa run - what now?!?!?!? Reply with quote

So, I'm going to Osaka this week to get my visa. Only problem is, I don't know where to go once I get off the plane! Can someone tell me where to go? I'm assuming it's the Korean embassy/consulate, but where is that! None of the teachers I work with got their visas in Japan. Help!
Crazy Oz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been well over a year since I went there, but number one is to change your money for the exercise before you leave Korea. It is near impossible to change won to yen in Japan (Korea exchange bank excluded).
The visa was 5850 yen at that time, and with other expenses cost near 350,000 won (approx 35,000 yen).
The Korean Consulate is at (was) :
2-3-4 Nishishinsaibashi
Chuoku Osakash
Phone: 81-6213-1401
Take the Nankai Subway (orange line) to Namba. Use the high speed one not the regular subway.
Take the exit at the end of the platform, head across the street (sort of "Y" intersection) and follow that road for about 10 mins walking time. The Consulate is on the left hand side of the street. I can't remember for sure, but I think it is directly opposite the Holiday Inn.
Sorry about the fuzzy directions but it has been a while Confused
Also the place closed for lunch for an hour or so, and don't like to process visas late in the day, but are very efficient and friendly. Make sure you have your photos as well, saves a lot of time.

Good luck with it.

Still crazy, still here.
Crazy Oz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly forgot that some directions for finding the place were on this site:

www.julice.co.kr

A bit vague but better than nothing.

Still crazy, still here.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went to the consulate to get my visa about a half hour ago. Crazy Oz pretty much got the directions right, but I just want to mention the subway exit you should take. Try to take numbers 12 or 13. You should come out on a wide street, then make sure Nankai Hotel/Namba train station is to your back, walk under a freeway and across the small river, and go about one more block from there. You should see a small green Holiday Inn sign just across the river on the right-hand side, and on the left hand side you'll find the Korean consulate a little farther down. The distinguishing feature of the consulate is a huge Korean flag. Don't go up the stairs though(there should be two sets)...look to the left side of the left stairs, and you should see a door in the underground section. Walk in there and you're at the consulate.

There is a photo booth that will take 3 pictures for visas for 450 yen. And the visa itself as of today cost me 5400 yen. You should technically arrive to get the visa processed before 11:30, and it will be ready after 3:00.

Be sure to get Japanese yen before you go there. They won't accept won or credit cards.

While you're waiting for them to process, you'll find that you're in the big, hip area of Osaka, Sinsaibashi. It's got tons of game rooms, fashion shops, game stores, DVD stores, movie theatres, so on. With a little searching, you can even find a Wendy's or a Subway for lunch.
anthonyg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for your help! This is exactly what I needed!
stalinsdad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are you going Anthony? I will be going over on Weds/Thu wanna meet up?
anthonyg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My flight is at 10 am out of Incheon on Wednesday and my return flight is at 7 or 8 that same day. When do you leave?
stalinsdad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably weds night, will you have enough time to get visa?
anthonyg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so! It looks like if I get the paperwork to them right when they get back from lunch I should be able to get the visa by the end of the day. My director seems to think I can do it in that time frame, which is all that matters!!! Looks like we won't be able to meet up, but thanks for the offer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: