Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Avalon a good wagwon to go with for a newbie?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
young_clinton

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as they keep the rain, snow and wind out. Although I've never heard of an advanced Avalon wagwon before. Wouldn't you rather just have an apartment instead?
tdobbins

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr_feelgood wrote:
I worked for an Avalon in Seongnam. They made up some reasons to fire me in my 11th month such as being late for class, not completing work and being sick without giving notice. When in reality they were losing students and needed to get rid of a teacher. I took them to court and won. Constantly they were firing and replaceing Korean teachers and the people that worked there were generally un-happy and a lot left on their own free-will. Although I think suing someone was a great/cool experience for me, especially in a foreign land. I would not reccomend it to anyone. So stay away from Avalons in the Seongnam area, please. Cool

Just an update. Avalon Seongnam is still pullingthese sort of tricks as well as ignoring their own contracts regarding teachers getting national holidays off.(had to work most of them. No extra pay)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: